Thursday, November 27, 2008

With Thanksgiving . . .


Praise the LORD!

I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart,
In the company of the upright and in the assembly.
Great are the works of the LORD;
They are studied by all who delight in them.
Splendid and majestic is His work,
And His righteousness endures forever.
He has made His wonders to be remembered;
The LORD is gracious and compassionate . . .

The work of His hands are truth and justice;
All His precepts are sure.
They are upheld forever and ever;
They are performed in truth and uprightness
He has sent redemption to His people;
He has ordained His covenant forever;
Holy and awesome is His name.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments;
His praise endures forever.

Psalm 111:1-4, 7-10

14 comments:

  1. This is a good verse to go into Thanksgiving with. He made everything wonderfully, so we can thank Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Sarah, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been some time since I have visited...I made a major move and it's been a very stressful time. How wonderful to see the gentle purity that shines forth in you and your family. It's encouraging and you've been a great blessing.
    I have an eight-year-old daughter who loves to read your blog over my shoulder and always asks if she can be a part of your girls' group. Unfortunately, we are in NY so that is impossible! I've been wanting to have a ministry like yours for quite some time. Girls today need this type of training so badly. Keep up the good work! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! God Bless!

    Kandis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Sarah! Lots of love!!!

    hugs!

    *did you get my messege?*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sarah!
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, indeed, Anna! There is so much to thank and praise Him for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to your family also, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was good to hear from you again Kandis! I had been thinking of you just the other day . . .

    It is too bad that you all live so far away! If you were closer, we would love to have your daughter join us! That would be wonderful if you had the opportunity to teach/train younger girls also. :)

    Thank you for your encouraging words! :) And I hope that you had a wonderful day yesterday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Ashley! And yes, I did receive your message . . . thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you all did, too, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you know we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Ireland but I have a lot to thank God for have a peek at my blog if you've time Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful photo, Sarah, and a wonderful verse! Leah's rolls look beautiful, also!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be taking a look at your blog, Marie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)