Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some thoughts . . .

I took a walk this afternoon and how my heart thrilled with the beauty of the day. The sun shown down upon my face, the sky was crisply blue, the air was fresh after the rain yesterday, and the temperature was warm. The beauty and amazing detail of God's creation lay all around me . . . from the squirrels that scrambled in the tree tops above me and raced around on the ground near my feet, to the little sparrows chirping in the brush. From the crisp white clouds drifting in the sky, to the Red-Tailed Hawk as it soared. To the green branches of the pine and cedar trees, to the moss on the bark of a tree. How creation proclaims the awesomeness of its Creator! None is like the Lord and there is none that can compare with Him . . .


"For by Him all things were created both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:16-17


"Marvelous are your works and that my soul knows very well"
Psalm 139:14b


"Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; break forth and sing for joy and sing praises." Psalm 98:4


"O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!" Psalm 8:1


"Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day . . . " Psalm 25:4-5

12 comments:

  1. Amen, Sarah.

    Thank you for the reminder of just how wonderful and awesome our Lord is. All creation shouts and proclaims His glory! The verses and pictures were a blessing!

    The Lord bless you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post as usual, Sarah! I was just thinking about that very thing this morning that every bit of God's creation shows His beauty and awesomeness!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a beautiful post Sarah, one that echoed some of my own thoughts of late. As winter draws to a close my mind is often drawn to the Psalms that focus on God, our creator... His hand is so evident in the things around us.
    Thank you for sharing!
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is the simplest of things that we get the most pleasure from and seeing God's hand in His creation. This is a good reminder of what he has created when we can see for ourselves firsthandedly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, God's creation is so beautiful!
    Wonderful post Sarah!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was good to hear from you again, Ashley. :) Yes, indeed all creation does proclaim His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creation does indeed clearly show forth the awesomeness of its Creator - thank you for sharing, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley, thank you for sharing those thoughts . . . you expressed so well what I, too, have been feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would agree, Anonymous! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is indeed beautiful, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you described the day, it sounds so lovely! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)