Friday, April 9, 2010

Look Who's Coming to Visit!

All the photos are from our previous visits together - either our family going there or their family visiting here :)




That's right! Ryan's fiancee, Ashley, and some of her family are coming to visit and will be here for a week! Needless to say, we're all really excited! (And especially Ryan. :) :)

Ryan, Ashley, Sawyer and Sayre at Finger Lakes

Ashley, Leah and I putting up peaches together

Mom, Dad, Ashley, Ryan, Leah and Mandy out for a walk on the Katy Trail here in Missouri. It was such a beautiful day, and we had a wonderful time!
Skinning frogs . . . Yes! Frogs!!! Sayre took me with him in the canoe on their pond when he went bullfrog hunting (which was rather fun by the way :) - though, anything done with Sayre is bound to be fun!), and part of the deal (that I somehow missed hearing about until afterwards :), was that whatever frogs he got, Leah and I had to help skin . . . so . . . we did! While not the most pleasant job in the world :), we had quite the fun and entertaining time together!

Ashley, Me, Leah and Ryan playing a game of badminton . . . did we ever have a great time doing that! It was so fun! And highly entertaining. :)
My special little buddy, Sawyer, and I
Leah, Ashley and I having fun together in the shade of a paper sack that had just been retired from its use as a target by the guys.

Mom, Mrs. Castlebury, Mr. Castlebury, Ryan, Sawyer, Sayre, Ashley and Dad - we took a walk out at Ryan's place and despite how hot it was, we had such a pleasant time!

Leah and Sawyer out at Bull Run (Ashley's family's land)

Ryan and Ashley talking while the heifers graze nearby and while Leah and Sayre look at one of Sayre's steers.

As you can see from the few photos shared here ('few' compared to how many we've taken that is! :), we always have such great times together! And I know that we have a wonderful, fun, busy, special, enjoyable, exciting, and memorable week ahead of us! In light of the coming week, though, there likely won't be any new posts here until after the visit (except for possibly a girls group post tomorrow . . . I'll have to see if I will have time to get it put together.) So I'm off to enjoy a fantastic week, and I hope that you all have a wonderful week as well! Until later then . . . . :)

26 comments:

  1. Hey!! I think I know some of those folks... the cows and the little blonde headed tyke are especially familiar!!

    I am seriously looking forward to seeing y'all again... dishes, music, talking, and spending time together - it's going to be great!

    Did I mention that I'm especially excited???! :o)

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you guys meet? How long have your families known one another. It's neat that you guys were friends, and now there will be a special bond.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! Got your response. I live in NC and only a few miles from the SC state line. You all look like you are having a great time. Bet Ashley is thrilled with their cottage that Ryan built! Why are they so far apart? I almost thought she was Leah. Did they decide not to hold hands until marriage? Well, I guess each courtship is different. Can't wait to see more photos! We have never been to Missouri. Hope you all have a great week full of laughter and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will all have a lovely family weekend. How nice it will be for Ryan and Ashley to meet up again, and for the family to see his new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are going to have so much fun together!! I loved all the pictures of your two families together--what a blessing to have your families joined with Ryan & Ashley's marriage, in addition to the friendships you already enjoy!

    Have a wonderful week, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you all have a wonderful time Sarah!!! Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a GREAT week, you ladies!!:)

    I am looking forward to the post all about it, Sarah!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your week Sarah!
    I would love to read Ryan & Ashley's story sometime if they are aggreeable..how they met and such...it's always wonderful to hear how the Lord brings people together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say you are very brave to skin the frogs... don't think I have the "guts" to do that!
    Have a great week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of our family had an unexpected trip out of state for a week, so now that I'm home I have enjoyed looking back over your recent posts. I hope you have a wonderful week, which I'm quite confident you will! It does look like you have certainly had some wonderful times together - what a great match your families seem to be! Do you have a wedding date set yet? I as well look forward to a post on your week :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah~this is truly a very joyful time!! God bless,Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks and sounds as if you are all set to have a lovely time together! I remember when you were meeting Ashley for the first time... you were excited. I can quite understand why your excited to have her visiting again!

    I wonder why you weren't told that you'd have to skin the bullfrogs! It sounds a rather interesting thing to do, though I'm not sure whether I'd want to do it myself!

    Have a lovely week together!


    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. So how did your week go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the comment, Ashley!!! ;) :) And so enjoyed your all’s visit here!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful and special time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment, Lynn! To answer your question, our families met through this blog . . . Ashley came across it and left a comment, and as they say, “the rest is history.” :) Our families have now known each other for just about two years. Yes, there is an even more special bond between us now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, Angie, and thank you for your sweet comment! To answer your question, at the beginning of their courtship, Ryan and Ashley committed to saving all physical contact for within the marriage covenant.

    You're not the first person to think that Ashley was Leah. :) We've had a number of people (including relatives) say that they look alike! Yes, we did have great times together! And Ashley loves the house. :) We had such fun going out there and seeing it coming together and helping some with it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Elizabeth! We did have a lovely weekend, and I know that Ryan and Ashley loved the time that they were able to spend together, and everyone enjoyed seeing the new house and all (as well as working on it quite a bit. :) We all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We did have such a fun time together, Joy! And thank you so much for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Marie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the comment, Ashley! We had such a great week, and I am looking forward to posting about it! First, though, I need to sort through all the photos that were taken . . . there were a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your comment, Ellen! We had a wonderful week. :) Well, maybe when things slow down a bit for Ryan and Ashley, they’ll have some time to put together their story to share. :) It was wonderful to see how the Lord brought them together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your comment, Amy! It was nice to see one from you here. :) And it made me smile to read it! Skinning the frogs was certainly an adventure (and a fun one given the company) . . . but it’s not something that I would especially enjoy doing again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was good to hear from you again, Anna! I enjoyed reading your comment. :) Yes, the wedding date is set for July 10th, and it is fast approaching! We’re all getting really excited!

    I hope to have a post up before long about our week together. :) I just need to decide which photos to use and then put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for your comment, Rose! :) It is indeed a very joyful time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We did have a lovely time together, Anna! It was such a fun and special week.

    Yes, skinning the bullfrogs was rather interesting! I’m not sure if it’s something I’ll ever do again, though! :)

    Thank you for your comment! It is always so nice to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It went very well, Lidia, and I look forward to posting about it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)