Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Photos

We have been enjoying sunshine and warmer days here in Missouri! And during days like these, leisurely walks are always so pleasant . . . and in the midst of all the busyness, it has been so refreshing to take some time and enjoy the beauty that is outdoors. While I enjoy being outside any time of the day, the early mornings and evenings are my favorite times to go for walks as there is just something about these hours of the day that I love. And after walking around our property and through our woods, I usually end up at the fenceline gazing across the pasture, listening to the birds singing and to the spring peepers down in the pond, enjoying the quietness and peacefulness, and soaking in the warm sunshine.

These are always special times for me . . . times of refreshing. And often when my spirit is troubled or if I am feeling overwhelmed or heavy-laden with different things, it is times such as these when I get away from it all and spend time alone with my Lord that everything else seems to fade away and peace floods my heart. He truly is the Prince of Peace, and the exhortation and promise given in Scripture is so true: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksg
iving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7.) What a precious promise! A peace which surpasses all comprehension . . . how very wonderful that is! And such an encouragement and comfort as well.

And now to shift the topic a bit :) . . . During one of the recent times outdoors, Leah and I did some photographing which included taking some spring photos of each other . . .


Leah

Me

I have also been enjoying (as usual! :) photographing 'springtime' . . .

A blossoming Redbud tree

The lilac bush is getting close to blooming!

Peach tree buds before opening

And after . . . their blossoms are so pretty and delicate!

Looking out across the pasture

A Daffodil

The wild plum trees have burst into bloom now, and they are so beautiful! The bees have been enjoying them, too. :)

A close-up of some of the wild plum tree blossoms

I hope that you all have been able to enjoy these beautiful springtime days as well! :)

16 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful!!!


    My hubby spend every evening readding your fathers sermon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your pictures look GREAT!!! I usually take pictures of spring but I have not been doing that much this year. :) I guess I need to get out and take some pictures before spring is gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos really make the heart sing. Spring is such a glorious time, a real awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls look so pretty in the photo's!! Your trees are blooming. My lilac tree is going to bloom soon. I will take some pictures. God bless, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty over-shirt you're wearing, Sarah. It looks very sheer and spring-like. Did you sew it?

    The wild plum blossoms remind me of our crabapple tree blossoms, and also of our cherry blossoms when we lived in Indiana.

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Betsy again, Sarah. That picture of the pasture...is that the same pasture pictured in the masthead of your blog page? It looks quite similar. Leah has done such a lovely job of designing your web pages!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comment, Maria! It was so nice to see one from you here. :)

    And thank you also for sharing about your husband reading the articles on our website . . . we hope that they will be a blessing to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Lidia! Isn’t it so fun to photograph during this time of year? If you have the opportunity to get out and take some spring time photos . . . have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment, Elizabeth! Spring is indeed such a glorious time . . . it is always so wonderful to see everything coming alive again after winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment, Rose! That is exciting that your lilac tree is going to be blooming soon . . . have fun taking photos of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Betsy! No, I didn’t sew it, but found it at a thrift store (one of my favorite places to shop! :) I am planning to draft a pattern off of it, though, so I can sew some more of them for both Leah and I.

    The pasture in the photo does look similar to the one on my header, doesn’t it? The one on my header, though, is just a photo from print shop that Leah found. Yes, she does do such a lovely job designing our web pages! She is so talented and creative, and I love seeing what all ideas she comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Sarah!
    The pictures of you & Leah are very good. Your blouse is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sarah! Not sure if you remember me. I responded to your post on "submission" a while back. I told you about the battered womens shelter. I'm enjoying ALL of your photos. Looks like spring all over the country. We thought it would still be kinda cold in Missouri since it's so caught between north and south. Imagine how surprised we were to see your photos of blossoms and flowers! Congrats for your brother's engagement. Looks like there will be a southern wedding! Hope you all are well and we enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Angie! Yes, I do remember you :), and thank you for your comment! (By the way, I haven’t forgotten about the e-mail that you sent :) . . . I hope to be able to put together a reply soon!)

    I’m glad that you are enjoying the photos! Spring this year has been especially beautiful, and we have all been greatly enjoying it.

    Thank you for the congratulations for Ryan and Ashley! I’ll pass that on to them. :) And yes, a southern wedding is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Sarah, these photos are just beautiful! I love all the excellent nature photos you took--they're so cheerful! My favorite photos, however, were the two of you and Leah...you both look just beautiful! And I also love the top you're wearing...it's very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your kind comment, Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)