Monday, August 2, 2010

South Carolina Days

Before the days of the rehearsal and wedding, we were able to spend some time with the Castlebury's and enjoyed visiting, taking care of animals together, and a number of other things as well . . .

Daddy and Sawyer petting Odie (Sayre's dog) - he's such a sweetie!

Ryan and Ashley working on thank you notes together

At one point, Mr. Castlebury, Daddy, Sayre, Leah and I drove out to Bull Run to see the cattle and all which was enjoyable! I really like cattle, and as always, enjoyed photographing them some . . .

One of the calves - I love it's face!

This cow was quite curious and friendly, and almost touched my hand

Daddy and Sayre visiting

Leah and Sayre taking care of the chickens. Sayre was so kind to let Leah and I help him with his morning and evening animal chores. It was a lot of fun to do! And it was enjoyable seeing all of his critters . . . goats, ducks, rabbits, and then the family's chickens as well.

Meanwhile Collin was using the tractor for something, and he was letting Sawyer help him . . . what a nice big brother! And from the sounds and looks of things, Sawyer had a blast. :)

Leah throwing out feed for the ducks. One of Sayre's goats is behind her . . . they are pretty little animals, and I finally got one of them to eat out of my hand!

Me and my little buddy who wants to marry me when he grows up. :) He's a special little guy!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week! Are they home from their honeymoon yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the photos! Sawyer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been such a long time since I poked my head in for a visit. I must say, I've had a most enjoyable time "catching up" with all the goings on with your and your family.

    The wedding, Ryan and Ashley's wedding, the flower & vegetable gardens, your mom's surgery, etc. - you all have had a most eventful summer. God has been marvelously at work in your lives. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you enjoy and view life. Thanks for brightening my days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks like you all had a most enjoyable, Sarah! Thanks for posting all of these pictures, and for putting up all the pictures of the wedding and all. I've meant to comment earlier, but my family has been so busy of late. I'm sure you can relate.

    And thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog. It was ever so nice to hear from you again. Also, thanks for praying for my dad with his heart surgery and recovery! It's been such a blessing to have so many people praying for him and encouraging us during this time!

    I hope your feeling better now, after being sick.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time, Sarah! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, and especially the one of you and Sawyer! That's just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,
    I just found your blog tonight while looking for Bible cover patterns. I enjoy what you share about your life--you have such a strong family. I admire your sweet spirit, too. :)

    Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, Elizabeth! :) And as you can tell from the photos, we had some wonderful and fun times with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun, Country Love! And by the way, welcome to my blog! :) Yes, they have been back from their honeymoon for awhile now and have been enjoying settling into their new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you enjoyed them, Amy! And I would agree you, Sawyer is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so nice to hear from you again, Mrs. B! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. :) Yes, God has been good, and it is wonderful to look back and see all that He has done and the blessings that He has given.

    Thank you again for commenting, and I hope that you all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Suze, for your comment! And you’re welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Amy, for your comment! It was wonderful to hear from you again. :) Yes, we did have an enjoyable time, and I am glad that you enjoyed the photos!

    And you’re welcome! :) Again, I am so glad that your Dad is doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was, Joy! You’re welcome in regards to sharing the photos, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to my blog, Heather, and thank you so much for your kind and encouraging comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)