Thursday, March 24, 2011

To My Blog Readers

Thank you all so much for your prayers . . . I cannot tell you how much they have meant to me! As well as all of the caring comments and e-mails that were left and sent. Thank you so much!

The past several weeks/months my family and I have been dealing with a serious situation (especially the past three weeks), and I cannot go into great detail here . . . though, I will share that it has to do with what can come from being on the internet and from individuals of questionable character finding a blog and beginning threatening behavior towards the writer of that blog. Which is the situation I had found myself in . . . and why I had needed to 'disappear' from the blogging world for a time.


Through these very difficult past few weeks, our prayer was, and continues to be, not only for the safety of myself and my family, but also that God would be our strength and peace, which He has been in so many ways. And then our prayer was also that truth and justice would prevail . . . and we knew that if they did not prevail here on this earth, we know that in the end, the righteous Judge and God of truth will triumph over evil and falsehood. Psalm 37 has been an especial comfort and assurance to us during this time . . . and there is such peace in knowing that we have the Lord as our protector and our provider, and no matter what happens, we can rest and trust fully in Him. 
As a part of all of this, it was also found that this individual has been commenting anonymously on some of my friends' blogs, often with very 'religious' comments, in an effort to try to 'communicate with me' through them, and to, in some cases, possibly try to damage my friendship with some of you as well. So if you have received unusual, strange, and/or disturbing anonymous comments from someone over the past several months, it may have been this person . . . and I am so sorry for that.

With all of this in mind, my dear friends, I encourage you to be careful with your blogging . . . in this day and age, we must be ever watchful as, while there are many good, honorable and godly men out there who may visit our blogs, there are also a few that are deceivers and are wicked/evil
, as well as those who are delusional in their thinking. Because of this, be careful what information you share publicly, and be guarded with those whom you do not know well who are commenting on your blog or who may contact you. Be very open with your parents (or with your husband if you are married) regarding who is commenting and who you may be corresponding with. And please, please be cautious and guarded. Even with all of these safeguards in place, bad situations can still arise (such as in my case), but how much more unlikely for them to take place if we have our guard continually up.

Now with all of that said :), please do not forget all of the very many blessings that come from blogging! Blogging has so many wonderful blessings . . . encouraging one another in the Lord, connecting believers in Christ that live all over the country and world, learning from one another, growing together, building up one another, listening to one another, inspiring one another, and so much more. My brother, Ryan, and his wife, Ashley, even met one another all due to blogging! :) So God can use blogging for so many wonderful things and also for His purpose and glory.

And for myself, I am so thankful for each one of you ladies who comment on my blog and whose blogs I visit . . . you all have been and are such a blessing to me! And I have really missed that interaction with you all over these past three weeks.

As I thought about blogging and how to proceed from here, I came very close to privatizing my blog as I do not want this individual to be reading and viewing what I post. But as my family and I thought, prayed and discussed together, I realized that I cannot let the sin that is in this world cause me to 'hide my candle under a basket,' nor do I want all of what has transpired these past weeks and months to prevent me from being able to fellowship with and be encouraged by you all, and also from reaching out to others . . . being a small bit of light in the darkness as much as I am able "in the strength that God supplies."

So at least for now, this blog will be continuing . . . albeit a bit differently. At this point, I
plan to not be posting as many personal photos of my family and I, and to also not be posting any more photos of our little friends that could identify them (I have also needed to go back and remove most of those photos and/or posts from my blog.)

I am very sorry to have to share all of this with you . . . in fact, it is very hard for me to even write all of this, but my hope is that it will somehow be able to help prevent something like this from ever happening to any of you. And now with all of this shared, I hope and pray that it will be a closed chapter. Blogging here will continue and commenting on your all's blogs will continue . . . which I am very much looking forward to catching up on! :) And once again, thank you so much for all of your support and prayers!


*Because of the nature of this post, I felt it best to disable the comments for it. However, if you would like, you are welcome to contact me through the 'contact me' link at the top of this page. Please know, though, that it might take me a bit to get back to you! :)

**When considering everything, we believed it best to privatize our girl's group blog, so if you would like to be able to visit there, please just let me know (through the 'contact me' link at the top of this page) and also let me know who you are. :) Thank you!