Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy 31st Anniversary!

Today marks 31 years since my parents were married . . . July 12th during one of the hottest summers ever in Nebraska. So much has happened in the years that followed! It is amazing to listen to my parents' testimony . . . to look back through the years that I remember and see how the Lord has worked in their lives, and in our family's lives.


There are so many things that I have been blessed with by my parents' example through those years that I am so thankful for . . .

~ Their commitment to one another ~

~ Their love for the Lord and for His Word ~

~ Their desire to bring their marriage, and their lives, more and more into harmony with God's Word ~

~ The example they are to their children ~

~ The desire that they have to pass on a godly heritage to their children and their children's children ~

~ The unselfishness with which they have lived their lives and poured themselves out for others, and especially to Ryan, Leah and I . . . where would we be if it were not for them? ~

"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me." (Psalm 16:6)



Thank you so much, Dad and Mom! And a very happy anniversary to you both! I hope that you have a very special day together . . . and will be blessed with many, many more wonderful years together!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your dear parents! What lovely photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I pray that your parents have a very blessed 31st anniversary!

    Love In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Happy Anniversary to your parents!
    Lovely photos of them. Your mom is such a pretty bride. :-)
    This post was a beautiful tribute to them. They are certainly blessed to have such a sweet daughter too. :-)
    God bless you,
    Miss Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that their anniversary and Ryan & Ashley's, is so close together! Was that a planned thing?:-)

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the good testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh happy anniversary to your parents! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, happy anniversary to your parents! What a blessing it is to have Godly parents who display what a Christ honoring marriage should look like.

    Many blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the photos, too, by the way! Thank you for sharing this sweet post, Sarah!

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Elizabeth, for your comment! I wish you could see the rest of their wedding photos . . . the photographer (whose studio was his barn :) did an incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Jenna! (By the way, it was so nice to see a comment from you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your sweet comment, Miss Anne!

    I would agree with you, I think my Mom was a pretty bride, too. One of the prettiest I’ve seen! (But I might be a little biased there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is, Betsy! And no, the closeness in their anniversaries wasn’t a planned thing. That’s just how it ended up working out with everyone’s schedules and all, and it’s kind of neat having them that close! Almost 30 years apart to the day, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Naomi, for your comment! And you’re welcome in regards to sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your comment, Nabila!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Amy! And I would agree wholeheartedly . . . what a wonderful blessing to have godly parents who as you shared, display what a Christ honoring marriage should look like.

    I am glad that you enjoyed the photos and the post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)