Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Lil' Bit of Fiddling

By mid-afternoon, the hot sun is generally shining . . .

The garden work has been finished for the day (unless a bit more might be done in the evening) . . .

The housework is completed . . .

Laundry is hanging on the line (most days anyway) . . .

Lunch (which was likely either a salad or leftovers from the night before) has been enjoyed . . .

And then it's time for a bit of fiddling . . .

Playing a fun (and fast!) fiddle tune called Arkansas Traveler

So I pull out my fiddle, tune it up, and begin to play. Fiddle tunes, hymns, gospel songs . . . it's enjoyable playing them all (as far as my still limited ability allows me, that is!)

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm catching up now I have returned from a holiday.
    It has been lovely to spend a few minutes, wandering around your garden, looking at your produce, seeing the children....
    I pray that you and Leah will be guided towards the goal that God has for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fiddle indeed is such a beautiful instrument. I also play it, and though I am still learning and growing as a beginner, I join you in praying that whatever I do, that I would bring glory to the Lord. Continue make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I could hear it in my ears ;o) I need to go back to playing the piano I have left it for too many years. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see a comment from you again, Elizabeth! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday . . . from your blog it certainly looks like you did!

    I am glad that you enjoyed stopping by again, and thank you so much for your prayers for Leah and I! They are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful that you play the fiddle as well, Shannon! I would agree with you that it is a beautiful instrument, and it is so enjoyable to play as well. And while it is a bit of a difficult instrument to learn, it is well worth the effort! Yes, indeed may whatever we do, may it be done with the purpose and desire to bring glory to the Lord. And there is such joy and reward in doing that!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I always love seeing one from you as I know it will be encouraging to read. I hope that as you continue to learn the fiddle that it goes very well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was, Nabila! I didn't know that you played the piano . . . that is another one of my favorite instruments to play. I would love to be able to hear you sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)