Sunday, July 10, 2011

One Year Ago Today . . .

. . . on the morning of July 10th, 2010 . . .

. . . excitement was high, nervousness was in the air, last minute preparations were being finished . . .


. . . there were smiles, hugs, tears, joy . . . and waiting . . .

. . . at last the moment came . . .


. . . all else disappeared save for two hearts and lives being joined as one before God and before family and friends . . .


. . . it really was an awe-inspiring event . . . a holy covenant
. . .


. . . marriage is a beautiful thing, a beautiful creation of God . . . one man, one woman, united as one for life . . .



. . . a joining of hearts and lives to establish another family to serve the Lord and to seek to bring glory to His name, to be a picture of the relationship of Christ with His Church . . .



. . . and now one year later the joy, the happiness, the love only continues to increase and grow stronger . . .


A very Happy First Anniversary to you dear Ryan and Ashley!!!


May the Lord bless you with many, many more wonderful years together of learning, growing, joys, blessings and much, much more. We love you both so much!



And on a little more personal note, what fun we had with Ryan and Ashley this past Friday evening as we talked and reminisced about the past year. We girls especially had fun visiting together in the kitchen for a bit while doing the dishes and talking about those times before the wedding . . . the friendships, the courtship, the wedding preparations . . . how much has happened and so much has changed in one year! And the thought that comes to our minds is, has it really been only a year? Ryan's comment that he made recently was: It feels like we've been married for about forever! :) And in some ways it does kind of have that feel . . . but then at other times, it feels like it was just yesterday. So one year later we rejoice and thank the Lord for all of the blessings that He has poured out upon our families and Ryan and Ashley! And we are excited to see what this next year holds for them . . . .


15 comments:

  1. Happy 1st anniversary to Ryan & Ashley! The wedding looked beautiful! I especially love your bridesmaid dress Sarah! Pink is my favourite colour! I bet pink is also Ashley's favourite colour too? I noticed pink flowers and on her wedding cake too. I always wanted a pink gown if I ever get married but then again, I want white because it's more traditional. I don't know if I can go through a day watching my bridemaids/flowergirls wearing pink and not me. :) What's your favourite colour?

    Last June 2010, we also had a wedding in our family too. My younger brother got married. I can't believe that it's been a year too. Time flies by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to re-read the wedding day, and to see how happy they are. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Ashley and Ryan had a wonderful 1st anniversary. Thanks for sharing their joy with us, Sarah. They both look somewhat different...I, too, look forward to seeing what next year will bring!;-)

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful! :o) I just did a wedding yesterday! :o) I always tear up at some point in the program. :o) Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos of Ryan and Ashley's wedding day. You all looked lovely and it was so nice to see a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses that are not only pretty but modest.

    Did your family sew the dresses? Do all of the women in your church wear modest dresses ? It looks like it was a wonderful day and I pray that they may have many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Ryan & Ashley!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to Ryan and Ashley! Theirs looked like a beautiful wedding. Such a sweet couple.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! I know that Ryan and Ashley appreciated and enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a beautiful wedding, Leah . . . I love how it all turned out. Thank you for your kind words regarding my bridesmaids dress! Yes, Ashley does like the color pink. And the shade of pink that she chose for the dresses and flowers complemented each other so well. While I do like the color pink quite a bit, my favorite color would be blue. :)

    Congratulations to your brother and his wife! That must have been an exiting and special time for you all last year. And I would agree, time does fly by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you enjoyed it, Elizabeth! And you’re welcome in regards to sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They did have a wonderful 1st anniversary, Betsy! And yes, they do both look a bit different than they did a year ago. A lot can (and has) happened in just one year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to be able to attend a wedding, Nabila! Like you, I tear up at weddings as well. . . and I did at Ryan’s and Ashley’s wedding, too. Weddings are just so beautiful and special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You’re welcome, Mary, and I am glad that you enjoyed it! And thank you for your encouraging words regarding the dresses. Leah and I sewed our dresses, I sewed my Mom’s, and Ashley and her Mom sewed hers. It was fun (albeit challenging at times) to do!

    The other women in our church do on not dress exactly the same as us, but yes, they do dress modestly.

    Thank you for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your comment, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would agree, Miss Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)