Friday, July 22, 2011

Photos of Sweet Adelyn

Has it really already been over a week since Adelyn entered the world? How this past week has flown by! And it included in it many much enjoyed visits out to Ryan and Ashley's place to see Adelyn (and of course, Ryan and Ashley, too!) And this very happy aunt utilized her camera to quite an extent, as did my Mom with her camera, so I hope you enjoy some of the photos that were taken during our visits . . .

~ Adelyn Blythe ~
Five days old
Words fail me . . . she is just too precious!!

The other day when Mom was holding her, Adelyn's facial expressions were changing so much, and how I enjoyed capturing them on my camera! There are a few more photos in this post that were taken during that time as well . . . I picked out my favorites, but they were all so cute!

Sleeping soundly . . . I could just sit and look at her for forever

Ryan, Ashley and Adelyn the day after they came home from the hospital. I love watching them be parents! And listening to them . . . about how much they love just sitting and watching Adelyn, giving her baths, snuggling with her . . . how beautiful it is to see how their lives have changed, how their family has grown!
(And just a little note, I do not have many photos in this post of them with Adelyn, as they are always so kind to let us hold her when we come.:)

Leah and sleeping Adelyn

Her beautiful little fingers wrapped around mine

I wonder what she was thinking about . . . it looks like she is smiling!

Mom holding 8 day old Adelyn . . . her eyes were open almost the whole time we were there today, and she was so alert and watchful. She was content to lay in Mom's arms for the longest time and just look into her face. And it made me smile listening to my Mom talk to her . . . she's going to make an amazing Grandma. But then, I already knew that as she was/is an amazing Mom!

Me loving holding Adelyn again

Leah and Adelyn . . . Adelyn was looking right into Leah's face for the longest time here as well . . . and then her eyes started to droop, Leah kept rocking, and before long, Adelyn was in a sweet sleep.

Dad's turn! And just as Mom is an amazing Grandma, Dad is just as wonderful as a Grandpa. I love watching him with Adelyn!

Daddy and daughter . . . it's amazing, and so special, to think of my brother as a daddy!

The happy parents and Adelyn . . . we were saying our goodbyes here until next time!

27 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2011

    I am so happy for you all. What a beautiful little girl...and a blessed little girl with such a loving family to surround her....Beth from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, I'm so happy for you all!! I can't get over how sweet Adelyn is. Ryan, Ashley, and Adelyn look like such a wonderful little family. Thank you for sharing these precious photos, Sarah! They are lovely!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adelyn.is.so.cute. =)

    I just can't get over how sweet and cute and adorable and precious she looks! Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us...I enjoyed them a lot!

    Blessings, sweet friend!
    Bethany Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet photos! Ashley looks great! I think I was a little more tired looking after giving birth:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your new niece!! She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect treasure she is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing some more photos, Sarah. Adelyn is so adorable! She looks so sweet and contented in all the photos. I particularly like the family photo of her with Ryan and Ashley `– they make such a lovely family!

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. :-) And congratulations, Aunt Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so adorable! The Lord has truly blessed you and your family to have such a sweet little baby to now cherish!

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adelyn is beautiful! A beautiful, loving family from grandparents all the way around. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Beth, for your sweet comment! We are so thankful for little Adelyn . . . what a blessing she is!

    By the way, it was so nice to hear from you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your comments always bring a big smile to my face, Amy! And this one especially so . . . thank you! They do make a wonderful little family, and it is so sweet watching them. I am glad that you enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sentiments are the same as mine, Bethany. :) All of the adjectives that you used to describe her are the same ones that I think of whenever I look at her! I am glad that you enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your comment, Emily! Ashley is doing amazing with her recovery . . . I thought she looked great, too! And by the way . . . congratulations on your second little blessing that will be coming soon! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would agree wholeheartedly, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You’re welcome, Anna! Adelyn is a contented little baby (for the most part anyway! – she’s still figuring out that she is supposed to sleep at nighttime! She prefers the day for that. :) I really liked the photo of Ryan, Ashley and Adelyn as well. And I would agree with you . . . they make a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much, Miss Anne! And I am glad that you enjoyed the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much, Shannon, for your sweet comment! We are so thankful to the Lord for this precious little blessing! We love her so dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your comment was a blessing, Marie! Thank you for your sweet words. And I am glad that you enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How precious! Adelyn is so beautiful! And Ashley looks beautiful, too!

    I loved seeing all the photos of you and your family enjoying little Adelyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is such a blessing to see your family enjoying one anothers company. ♥ I'm so glad you are able to see Ryan & Ashley often and share many sweet snuggles with Adelyn. I always love the sweet little expressions that a wee one has when they are sleeping..such gifts they are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Joy! And I am glad that you enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your comment made me smile, Ellen . . . thank you for your kind words! Family is such a blessing. Like you, I love the sweet little expressions that babies make when they are sleeping. And Adelyn has so many different ones! I love watching her!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! I haven't been to your blog in a couple weeks. Sorry about that. But when I came I saw this announcement!

    Congratulations! She looks so precious! And she has a lovely name, also. I have a really good friend whose name is also Blythe. May God bless Adelyn and the rest of your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was so nice to hear from you again, Desiree, and thank you so much for your sweet comment! I love her name as well, and her middle name is special as it is Ashley’s middle name as well. Again, your kind words were a blessing . . . thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such sweet pictures! :o) She is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)