Monday, August 29, 2011

7 Weeks and More Photos to Share!

What a weekend! Saturday especially was a full day . . . from meeting someone at a truck stop to pick up a dairy goat from her (and there will be more about that later :), to making another large batch of croutons, pressure canning two batches of carrots (plus finishing getting them ready to can), going to town twice, and then other little things fit in as well. Needless to say, I was glad when the tasks of the day were finished and we could sit down to enjoy a relaxing evening together! Although it was a busy day, it was a good one and so satisfying to be able to get so much accomplished.

12 quarts of carrots canned and cooling on the counter

And now it's Monday yet again and another busy week lies ahead . . . and I know two predominate things that will be filling my time: picking and putting up green beans (our second planting is ready now) and working on some sewing. Plus we've got an evening of babysitting Adelyn which we're all looking forward to. And speaking of Adelyn, there have been some requests for more photos of her :), and as my camera was busy this past week during the times that we were together, I have some to share!

It was hard to pick out which ones to post as they are all so cute! But I tried to narrow it down and share only my very favorites . . . the first few are from when Leah and I went over one morning to spend some time with Ashley and Adelyn (and for Ashley to pass on some maternity sewing tips to me as I am working on a maternity sewing order for a friend right now.) What an enjoyable and fun time we had!


Aunt Leah rocking Adelyn

Adelyn eventually succumbed to the rocking and fell asleep for a bit.

Mommy and Adelyn . . . I love watching them interact together! Adelyn was just grinning and grinning as Ashley talked to her.


She is starting to hold her head up now and loves to look around at everything.

Then one evening, Ryan, Ashley, and Adelyn stopped by our place so we had an enjoyable time together then . . .

Grandma and Adelyn . . . it was so fun to photograph during this time as Adelyn was grinning so much, 'talking', attempting to laugh, and more. She is really growing and changing!

The many faces of Adelyn . . .
(these were all taken while Mom was holding her)




Me having a 'conversation' with her . . . she had a lot to say. :)

I love this age! It's so fun how much she is interacting with us now . . . and as we see her grow and change, I am reminded over and over what a miracle a baby is. A gift from the Lord . . . a precious life that He Himself knit together.

"For you formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well" (Psalm 139:13-14.)

15 comments:

  1. She is a little miracle! How much she has changed in the few short weeks since she was born, lovely big smiles now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an adorable baby and so fortunate to be surrounded by so many people who love her dearly and show it. She is blessed to have been born into your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you please give a tutorial on how you do your hair! I would love to see how you take ALL THAT LONG HAIR and put it up so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is so adorable! What a little bundle of joy!

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth from MichiganAugust 29, 2011

    One of my favorite things I have canned has been home-grown carrots. They look so pretty in the jar! Oh...and Adelyn is getting so big. Love the little smiles and how she is looking at you right in the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is indeed, Elizabeth! We are just loving all of her smiles . . . I could just sit and watch her for the longest time. She makes so many cute expressions, and it's so fun to 'talk' with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...she is so cute! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, Sarah! She is such a sweet little baby...even though I've never met her, I still know she is *smile*

    Please forgive me for not commenting sooner. Since the Bible Bee is partly finished for now, I will have more time to comment!

    Blessings, Sarah!
    Bethany Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would agree with you, Mary! I think she's pretty adorable, too. :) Thank you for your sweet words! We are so blessed to have her as a part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment, Anonymous! I'm not sure if I could demonstrate in a tutorial how I put up my hair, but I might just give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would agree wholeheartedly, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comment, Beth! It was nice to hear from you again. :) Carrots are one of my favorite things to can as well, and as you shared, they look so pretty in the jar!

    Adelyn is getting big! It seems like each time I see her she is bigger. :) She is growing and changing so quickly, and we are loving seeing her little personality developing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your comment came through, Bethany! I just didn't see it before I signed out of blogger. :) And thank you so much for it! I am glad that you enjoyed all of the photos, and yes, she is very sweet.

    That's fine that you haven't commented in awhile! I understand completely. :) This is a busy season, and especially for you with the Bible Bee. I hope that has been going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you have been having a busy time recently, Sarah. :)

    Thank you for sharing the photos of Adelyn; I loved seeing them all. Adelyn is absolutely adorable, and she has such a lovely smile! She has grown so much too – how old is she now?

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been just a bit, Anna. :) I am glad that you enjoyed the photos of Adelyn! And I think she's rather adorable, too. :) And her smiles! She's a heart-stealer that's for sure. She is 7 weeks old now, and is growing and changing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your carrots look lovely! What do you normally use your carrots for? In soups? And miss Adelyn is so precious! Thanks for the pictures. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)