Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ponderings


A verse that I memorized early this week has been on my heart and mind quite a bit lately as I have thought about what it means and how to apply it to my life . . .

while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18.)

Oh, to have that heart and mind! One that is truly set “on the things above and not on the things that are on earth.” And why? “For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God, and when Christ, who is our life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.” (Colossians 3:2-4) What a beautiful promise and a glorious hope!

5 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful promise. And if I can only remember it, daily, it would put an end to my earthly worries. :-) Oh, to keep our eyes on Him, daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you . How excellent for all of us to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment, Miss Anne! And I would agree - if only I could remember this promise daily. May what you shared be each of our heart's desire . . . to keep our eyes on Him daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anonymous, for your comment! And yes, how important it is for us to always remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful promise and pondering :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)