Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Sunday Hymn ~ I am Resolved

I am resolved no longer to linger,
Charmed by the world’s delight;
Things that are higher, things that are nobler

These have allured my sight.


I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free

Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.



I am resolved to go to the Savior,

Leaving my sin and strife;

He is the true One, He is the just One

He hath the words of life.


I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.


I am resolved to follow the Savior,
Faithful and true each day;
Heed what He sayeth do what
He willeth
He is the living way.

I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.



I am resolved to enter the kingdom,

Leaving the paths of sin;

Friends may oppose me, foes may beset me,

Still will I enter in.


I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.


Words by: Palmer Hartsough, 1844-1932


"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" Philippians 3:14

10 comments:

  1. I love this old hymn, and we don't sing it enough. Thanks,
    Blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just waned to say two things beautiful! And come and see a giveaway from "Desiree Mintz" on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it as well, Miss Anne . . . it's one of my many favorites. Blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Savories of Life, for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice hymn! I've never heard that one before, but I like the words. And as always, beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that it was a blessing to you, Joy! And thank you for your kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard this hymn but the words are beautiful as well as your pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Your blog site is beautiful! It caught my eye because I posted an article on "I Am Resolved," this morning. Great to read your Christian testimony--though your list of activities and accomplishments was...exhausting to an old guy like me. :-) We sure could use a woman with your musical talents in our church, up here in rural Saskatchewan, Canada! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by, Robert, and for taking the time to leave a comment. It brought a smile to my face to read, and thank you for your encouraging words . . . they were appreciated! I did a google search for “Wordwise Hymns” and found your website. It looks interesting and I look forward to perusing it further. Again, thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)