Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Sunday Hymn ~ When We All Get to Heaven

Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessèd
He’ll prepare for us a place.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!


While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!


Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!


Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we’ll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!

Words by: Eli­za E. Hew­itt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:2-4)


"And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever" (Revelation 22:5)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting another favorite hymn. :-) I can't wait for the clouds, shadows and sighs of life to be over, and I get to see and be with my blessed Savior.
    Enjoy your day, Sarah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful, Sarah. That is such an encouraging song. Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Mikailah~xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful blog - one of my favourite places to visit. Inspirational!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Miss Anne! I am glad that it was a blessing to you. And like you, I am eagerly anticipating the day when I'll be able to join the Lord in heaven . . . how glorious that will be!

    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree, Mikailah! These words just fill my heart with joy as I think about how wonderful it will be to be with the Lord in heaven. I am glad that the song was a blessing to you!

    I hope that you had a blessed Sunday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment, Kay! It was nice to hear from you and your encouraging words were a blessing. :) I am glad that you enjoy your visits here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember singing that as a child and always the atmosphere around had such a power and awe to it. :o) Thanks for helping me remember that memory ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that it could bring back good memories for you, Nabila!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)