Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Sunday Hymn ~ Heavenly Sunlight

Walking in sunlight, all of my journey,
Over the mountains, through the deep vale;
Jesus has said, "I'll never forsake thee,"
Promise divine that never can fail.

Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.


Shadows around me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the light, in Him is no darkness;
Ever I'm walking close to His side.


Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.


In the bright sunlight, ever rejoicing,
Pressing my way to mansions above;

Singing His praises, gladly I'm walking,

Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.


Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.

Words by: H.J. Zelley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For God, who said, 'Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One who has shown in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ"
(2 Corinthians 4:6)

"For You light my lamp; the LORD my God illumines my darkness." (Psalm 18:28)

8 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and had to say "hi"! I thought it neat that your interests are much like mine and those in my family ~ homemaking, home schooling, beekeeping, bird watching, photography, creation, nature, godly womanhood, etc.!
    I come from a family of 9, and my passion is to encourage other young ladies in their calling as daughters and to inspire them to impact the world for Christ thru their homes and families.
    I will definitely be back.
    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging comment, Jenna, and welcome to my blog! It was nice to 'meet' you and I am looking forward to visiting your blog as well. It was a blessing reading of your desire to encourage other young ladies in their walks with Christ. And yes, it does sound like we have quite a bit in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo with the sun rays, Sarah. I've always wanted to capture that kind of shot...glad that you were able to do so. And it fits perfectly with your hymn selection!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song! I sang it in my mind as I read the words ;o) As always beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that it was a blessing to you, Nabila! And thank you for your kind words about the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos to accompany the song!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)