Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Sunday Hymn ~ Living for Jesus

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee;
For Thou, in Thy atonement,
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne;
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.


Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv'ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee;
For Thou, in Thy atonement,
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne;
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.


Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Taking each trial as part of my cross.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee;
For Thou, in Thy atonement,
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne;
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.



Living for Jesus thru earth's little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee;
For Thou, in Thy atonement,
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne;
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.


Words by: Thomas O. Chisholm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
"
Romans 12:1-2

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

8 comments:

  1. I came across this hymn about a year ago and it has been one of my favorites ever since! What a beautiful prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the hymn and the verses, Sarah! I really like Romans 12:1-2 and 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. I was just thinking about the second one this morning...

    BTW - your pictures turned out beautifully =)

    Blessings!
    Bethany Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a wonderful one, Anna? Ever since I first discovered it quite a few years ago, it has been a favorite of mine as well. My heart is always so convicted when reading or singing the words! It is indeed a beautiful prayer . . . a life prayer that should continually be in our hearts and on our lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Bethany! The verses from Romans and 1 Corinthians are such excellent ones . . . so much convicting truth in them! That's interesting timing that you were just thinking about the one from 1 Corinthians yesterday morning :) . . . it is one that I just recently memorized and I have been giving it a lot of thought lately. There is so much far-reaching depth to it!

    Thank you for your kind words about the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is interesting that you mentioned it after I read them that morning! Actually, I have both of those passages memorized for the Bible Bee, and was trying to think of verses that talk about glorifying God and thought of that one in 1 Corinthians!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful, Bethany, that you have both of these passages memorized. They are so encouraging (and convicting!) whenever they come to mind. And the one from 1 Corinthians is excellent in regards to glorifying God.

    May the Lord bless you, sweet friend, as you continue to seek to grow in Him and walk in His ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful hymn. I haven't heard this one before. Beautiful lyrics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is, Nabila! . . . such powerful, and as you shared, beautiful, words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)