Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Sunday Hymn ~ To God be the Glory

To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.


O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.


Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.


Words by: Fanny Crosby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Let them praise the name of the LORD, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven." (Psalm 148:13
)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us . . . Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God." (Romans 5:8, 1-2)

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." (1 Timothy 1:17)

14 comments:

  1. Amen, sister!! What beautiful words, and such a sweet, sweet promise. Thank you for sharing that, Sarah.

    Love in Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm singing it as I read the words, one of our old favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally a song I recognize. :) Most Sundays I don't recognize the songs that you posted. I think today is the second one I know. Will I know next week song? ;) Anyways, this is a great song! I'm glad you posted old-fashioned hymns. These days my church rarely ever sing old songs anymore and I missed them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful hymn and beautiful pictures, Sarah! Thanks for sharing...

    It reminds me of a verse I memorized in Philippians recently -- "to our God our Father be glory forever and ever. Amen" - Philippians 4:20

    Those are wonderful verses that you shared at the bottom to...I memorized the ones from Romans and 1 Timothy for the Bible Bee! It is really neat how all these verses that I memorized I see/hear in blog posts, sermons, etc! :)

    Blessings, my friend!
    Bethany Joy

    P.S. Have you gotten an snow where you live yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this rousing hymn. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful hymn! Thank you for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Mikailah! I am glad that it was a blessing to you . . . yes, it is a beautiful song and the promise is indeed sweet. Whenever I sing it or hear the words, it always brings such joy and thankfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, Elizabeth! And that is wonderful that you know it and were able to sing it as you read the words . . . it has such a happy melody that fits so well with the message!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful song, isn't it, Leah? One of my favorites! And I am glad to hear that you enjoy the hymn posts . . . I am really enjoying sharing these old-time hymns as they have such wonderful messages. And I'm not surprised that many of them you haven't heard before as some of them are not very common! And some are ones that I only recently found. Oh, what treasures can be found in an old hymn book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Bethany! And you're welcome. :)

    Thank you also for sharing that verse as it fits in so well. To Him does indeed belong all of the glory for now and for all eternity.

    I am glad that the verses shared at the end of the post were a blessing to you. And how interesting that you had memorized two of them! It seems to make the Scriptures all the more precious and meaningful when we come across them if they are ones that we have already memorized and meditated on before. At least, I have found this to be so!

    All the snow that we have gotten so far was about an inch the beginning of December. Other than that, we have had a rather mild, winter! We are expected to have up to an inch by tomorrow, but we shall see. This winter has been so different than last year, and while I have been enjoying it, I'm still hoping for one good snow before spring! Have you all had snow yet?

    Thank you again for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome, Suze, and I am glad that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is, Nabila! And you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is the same with me also, I think it is really neat to hear/read Scripture that I have memorized!

    We had about 1/2 an inch at the beginning of December too, but it melted before the day was over :) Other than that, it hasn't snowed (actually, quite the opposite...it's been almost like spring, except there are no leaves, flowers and green grass!). We are expecting snow very soon though.

    Blessings, my friend!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is, Bethany!

    It sounds like your snowfall has been much the same as ours. Though, we did get another inch or so several days ago, but it has all melted now. It has been a lot like spring lately! It is so beautiful here today and this morning during chores, I thoroughly enjoyed my time outdoors in the warm sunshine and watching the clouds chase each other across the sky. But now it's back to the cold again for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)