Monday, January 16, 2012

Sweet Times with Adelyn

One day last week we got to babysit Adelyn and then another day, Ryan, Ashley and Adelyn came over for awhile. We always love the times we get to spend with all of them! Adelyn tends to be the center of attention, though, and the one who has the most photos taken of her :) . . .

Adelyn and I having fun together on the floor . . . 'talking', smiling, laughing

Looking over to Aunt Leah

And back to Aunt Sarah again!

I know I am probably biased :), but she has got to be one of the cutest little babies! And oh! Her smiles are enough to melt your heart. And you can't help but laugh when she laughs as it's just so cute!

Spending time with her Grandma and Grandpa . . . and 'reading' her favorite book :)

Then Dad gave her the 'opportunity' to wear his hat - it was so cute!

Camo hat and a book about farm animals . . . she's learning young! :)

Mesmerized by the pigs

Such special times . . . and they make wonderful memories . . . Adelyn cuddled in my lap while reading her the portion of Scripture in Mark when Jesus is saying to let the little children come to Him (granted, she doesn't understand it now, but someday she will!) . . . watching Leah rock her in the rocking chair at naptime . . . playing hymns on the piano again to help her fall asleep . . . listening to her squeal and seeing her face break into big smiles when her Daddy and Mommy come back . . . seeing Ryan and Ashley teaching and training this precious little one . . . watching my Dad hold her in his lap and talk with her . . . seeing my Mom with her snuggled in her arms while reading to her and watching her get Adelyn to laugh . . . and so many more! Yes, Adelyn is one precious little blessing that has our hearts filled with so much love for her!

20 comments:

  1. OH, she is so yummy! I'm sure you have a wonderful time when she is around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelyn is so cute and precious! I always enjoy seeing photos of her; they make me smile. :D She looks very much as if she is getting ready to begin crawling in the first three... then there will be even more fun. ;)

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, how she has grown! She'll soon be in her French outfit. What a delightful smile she has too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness how she has grown!!! Just think, in the blink of an eye she will be taking pictures of her own children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment, Emily, and I would agree! She certainly is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do indeed, Monica! We are so thankful for those times.

    Thank you for your comment, and I hope you all are staying warm on this cold Missouri day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wholeheartedly agree with you, Anna! And I am glad that you enjoyed seeing the photos of her. Yes, she is getting closer to being able to crawl. She has been trying to, but starts to get frustrated because she can't quite do it yet. I don't think it will be long, though, before she can! Then she'll be all over the place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has Elizabeth! And especially lately it seems. I look forward to seeing her in her little French outfit as I know she'll be so cute in it! If I am able to get a photo of her wearing it, I'll have to either send it to you or post it here on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has, Miss Linda! It's hard to believe that she is six months old now. Time has flown! And it has been so special seeing her reach different 'milestones'. The next one will be crawling which I don't think is very far away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, you're not biased ~ she is absolutely adorable!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Adelyn's outfit! Adelyn is so cute! Thank you for showing us the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comment, Mrs. Anne! It made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome, Leah! I am glad that you enjoyed seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how much Adelyn has grown! Times flies, doesn't it? She looks so sweet. I'm sure you all treasure these times with her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful time you must of had! I love her chubby cheeks and the curls just starting to form in her hair! I wonder if she will have more curls or not. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would agree, Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. She has grown a lot, hasn't she, Amy?! Time surely does go by quickly. Yes, we do treasure the times that we have with our sweet little Adelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was, Nabila! Her chubby cheeks are just perfect for kisses, aren't they? :) I wonder, too, whether she will have curly hair or not. Ryan's tends to get a bit curly when it gets longer, so it will be interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)