Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Over the weekend, we had a beautiful snowfall and while it was only about an inch, it was a wet snow and it coated everything in either snow or ice. When morning came and the sun began peeking through the tree tops, I took a few photos from a window inside . . .

Sparkling tree branches . . . while the camera did not capture it well, the branches were just aglow as the early morning sunlight reflected off of the ice.


. . . and then I headed outdoors with my camera to enjoy capturing some of the sparkling beauty all around . . .


"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name." Psalm 103:1


"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him." Psalm 103:11


"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12


". . . the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to those who keep His covenant and remember His precepts to do them." Psalm 103:17-18


"The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all." Psalm 103:19


"Bless the LORD, O my soul!" Psalm 103:22b


The verses shared here are taken from the Psalm that I read the evening of the day these photos were taken . . . this Psalm really spoke to my heart and it came to mind again as I was uploading photos so I included some of the verses here.

14 comments:

  1. Your blog is a blessing. when I reach 200 followers i will be doing a big giveway. Would you like to be part of it and provide a schet? Let me know on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what beautiful winter bliss! the snow looks so lovely, and the cool, crisp air must feel wonderful!

    Our Lord is indeed worthy of all praise and honor... may we daily "bless the Lord oh my soul!"

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Sarah! Here where I live in northern Australia, we haven't any snow whatsoever... I never actually got to see snow in my life. It must be something wonderful though. Thank you for sharing the photos and Scripture passage, this Psalm has been a great blessing to me as well.

    In His love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures, and scriptures, Sarah!! :) Thank you for sharing that. The Lord's creation is so marvelous. :)

    Love in Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Savories of Life, for your kind comment! Your giveaway sounds like fun, but at this time, I don’t think I will be able to participate. Thank you for thinking of me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful, Shannon! Since we have had such an unusually warm winter, I was thankful for at least one pretty snow like this.

    The Lord is indeed worthy of all praise and honor! And as you shared, may we daily remember to bless and praise His holy name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Joy. :) And I am glad that this post was a blessing to you!

    I would imagine that your Australia weather and climate would be much different than what it is here in the central United States. And while you don’t have snow, from what I have seen, Australia has an incredible beauty all its own. Snow is amazingly beautiful, though! I love looking at the intricate detail of the tiny little flakes, too . . . one can definitely see the hand of the Creator in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your sweet comment, Mikailah! And you’re welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dustings of snow! It's so beautiful. Your pictures did an amazing job of capturing the splendor! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my gracious it's beautiful.

    There is nothing like the freshness...newness...and sparkle that a snow can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would agree, Nabila, they are beautiful. And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true, Amanda! There is indeed nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snow looks beautiful, Sarah! We certainly haven't seen much of it this winter :-)

    Hope you're doing well! It was so nice getting your email the other day!

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was, Amy! I was thankful for it and very much enjoyed it. No, we certainly haven't seen much snow this winter! Not like last year, is it? :)

    I am doing well, thank you! And I hope you are, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)