Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Sunday Hymn ~ 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!

O for grace to trust Him more!


O how sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!



Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!

O for grace to trust Him more!


I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that He is with me,
Will be with me to the end.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!


Words by: Lousia M. R. Stead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You,
For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
"
Psalm 9:10


"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
and whose trust is the LORD.
For He will be like a tree planted by the water,
that extends its roots by a stream
and will not fear when the heat comes;
but its leaves will be green,
and it will not be anxious in a year of drought
nor cease to yield fruit.
"
Jeremiah 17:7-8

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful hymn! Thanks for sharing with us, Sarah. Also, the pictures are pretty also.

    I think it's so neat that you put verses after the hymn that go with it. It's always encouraging to read from God's Word.

    Blessings, my dear friend!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this encouraging hymn and Scripture verses.
    Much love from mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for sharing those verses and song to us, Sarah.
    during these very difficult times, those are so needed. Thanks for sharing them with us all.

    kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, Bethany! And you’re welcome. :)

    Yes, it is always encouraging to read from God’s Word . . . His word is indeed powerful and living and active. In it are all of the answers, encouragement, instruction that we need and more . . . and all from the Lord to us! And I love seeing how so many of the old hymns are built directly upon the foundation of Scripture which is why they can be so encouraging as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re welcome, Mom! And thank you for your comment. :) Much love to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re welcome, Kathleen. I am so glad that they were a blessing to you. I am continuing to pray for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah this is quite a beautiful blog that you have here! I just happened upon it while searching for "writing blogs" on blogger. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my blog, Optimistic Existentialist, and thank you for your kind comment! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)