Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Sunday Hymn ~ Take My Life and Let It Be

Take my life, and let it be 
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
 Take my hands and let them move
 At the impulse of Thy love,
 At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee;
 Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King,
Always, only for my King.
 
 Take my lips, and let them be
 Filled with praises, Lord, to Thee;
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold,
Not a mite would I withhold.


Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
 Ever, only, all for Thee. 
  

Words by: Frances Ridley Havergal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it." (Luke 9:23-24)

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
(Romans 12:1-2.)

6 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite hymns. Frequently sung during family worship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful hymn! I love that as I read just the title of your post I started hearing and singing in my mind. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of mine as well, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would agree, Nabila! And I'm glad that even just the titles of the hymns help to bring the beautiful words to mind. :) There is nothing like the old hymns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2012

    I love the vivid colors of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)