Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Sunday Hymn ~ May the Mind of Christ, My Savior

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

May the word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph 
Only through His power.


May the peace of God, my Father,
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me,
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing
This is victory.


May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.


Words by Kate B. Wilkinson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 2:5)

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:2-3)

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:16-17)

10 comments:

  1. This hymn is one of my favorites, and is a prayer I often pray. What a wonderous thing it is that the God of all glory would love us enough to work in us and through us even though we are so weak and sinful!

    "And may they forget the channel, seeing only HIM."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I am new here and am really enjoying your blog. I have been encouraged through your posts! God bless!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hymn is a new one for me, and I was very blessed reading through it. My heart says "amen" to its message! I'll have to see if I can find music so that I can learn it. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Looking only unto Jesus"... Amen! Amen to this prayer. This was so encouraging to read, Sarah.
    Blessed be His name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes! Such a good song! We have actually been practicing this song with our church youth chior lately. :-) Have you ever heard the alternate tune written by Rachel Wissman? Both tunes are great and go along so well with the wonderful words of the song.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is one of mine as well, Miss Sarah. The words are so powerful and convicting! It is indeed wondrous . . . more than heart or mind can ever fully comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to my blog, Sharon, and thank you for your sweet comment! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that it could be a blessing to you, Anna! And I hope that you are able to find the music for it. :) You’re welcome for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed, Maddy! I am glad that the words to this song could be an encouragement to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s interesting that you have been practicing this song right now, Karen! It is a wonderful one. We actually have the book that has the alternate tune in it, but I have yet to try playing it! Next time I pull out the book, though, I will. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)