Monday, December 10, 2012

A Progressing Quilter . . .

Over the past months, I have been enjoying teaching a young girl more about quilting! This is the second quilt that we have made together, and this time, she picked out what pattern she wanted to do. She has been working diligently on cutting out all of the pieces and appliqueing all 63 of the hearts onto the background fabric squares. She was rewarded for her hard work last week by being able to lay out all of the pieces on the floor and arrange the squares where she wanted them to be (though not quite all of the hearts are appliqued on yet) . . .


 It is exciting to see it coming together!

7 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful! There's a lot of work in appliqueing. She's doing a great job. :-)
    Blessing and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look gorgeous. She must be so thrilled with her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I wish you lived closer so you could teach Elyse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, once again your blog warms my heart. This quilt reminds me of my mamaw, God rest her soul. She had a quilt that was passed to me after she passed away. I still have it to this day. It has the aroma of her house on it. Beautiful post and as always, a beautiful blog :)

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wish i lived close to you. I have material galore and ideas and nothing gets done.

    You and your "pupil" are doing a wonderful job. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments! She's really doing a great job with it . . . and I look forward to sharing a photo once it is finished!

    ~Joy . . . I wish I did, too! And for more reasons than that, too. :)

    ~Suze . . . wouldn't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the quilt looks great! I wish I was closer so you could teach me how to quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)