Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Day with Family

The first day of the new year found Leah and I very much enjoying watching our two little nieces for the day. We had so much fun together! Later in the afternoon, Mom and Dad were home, too, and then Ryan and Ashley joined us all for the evening and dinner. It was really an enjoyable and special day! And a great way to start the new year . . . .

 Helping Aunt Sarah!

With the several past weeks having very few days that managed to get above freezing, most afternoons found me bringing all of the rabbit bottles inside, thawing them out, and filling them with warm water before bringing them back out to the rabbits. Well, Adelyn saw me carrying the bottles over to the sink and jumped right in to help! She carried the rest of the bottles over to me one by one. :) It was so cute! Her parents sure are doing a good job teaching her!

Reading books with Aunt Leah . . . this book has textures in it, so Leah was helping her feel the different ones.

After coming back inside from watering the rabbits, I found Adelyn bringing her hat and mittens to Leah . . . her way of asking if she can go outside! (Something that happens very frequently when she is here as she loves going outdoors.) So Leah and I bundled her all up and headed outdoors to enjoy the four or so inches of snow that was on the ground.

 She had so much fun getting dressed up! And kept laughing and laughing while we tried to get her mittens and boots on. :)

Leah and Adelyn . . . I love this photo of them!

Leah captured this precious photo of Adelyn . . . do you think she might have liked being outside? :)

Not quite sure how to walk on the snow, though! So most times I held her hands and helped her.

As it was only around 20 degrees this day, we didn't stay outdoors terribly long as we didn't want her to get cold. Before long after getting back inside,  little Gracen woke up from her nap and was ready to join in on the fun . . .

Still waking up. :) She's so snuggly after her naps!

Adelyn sittin' by her Grandpa and enjoying looking at something that she finds fascinating . . . the computer screen!

I'm not sure who enjoyed this more . . . Mom or Gracen :)

 "Look at me! I can stand!"

She thinks that's pretty fun. :) Not only does she love to stand, but she's also been working on getting up onto her hands and knees. It won't be long before she'll be crawling!

 Sweet little Gracen . . . how we love her!

One of Adelyn's favorite things to do is to be read to . . . something Grandma is always happy to do with her!

After Ryan and Ashley arrived, we were having so much fun together that I completely forgot about taking photos until right when Leah and I were getting ready to go milk and they were getting ready to head for home. So, all I ended up with were these fun shots of Ashley and Adelyn playing together . . .

Someone's being silly :)

 
Ashley's such a good Mommy! I love watching her with her girls.

So that sums up our first day of the New Year!



Just a little note . . . in case you all haven't noticed yet, I have started replying to your all's comments again. :) I missed that interaction with you all too much!

14 comments:

  1. Such precious little girls! You're so lucky to have little ones around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, what a gorgeous album of photos, something to look back on in years to come. What sweet little treasures they are!
    I cant tell you how delighted I was to see the little French pink pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are, Ashley-Joydana! We are so blessed . . . they bring such joy to our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comment, Elizabeth! I was fully intending to share in the post about the pants being from you, but then completely forgot until I saw your comment! They are so cute on her . . . she would have been wearing the top, too, but she already outgrew it! (She is growing fast and already wearing clothing that is far ahead of her age.) Thanks again for sending such a sweet gift to her! And I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the photo of her in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love the picture of Adelyn outside! She looks so happy! ;) Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Our girls were home so it was a nice having them here with us to begin the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe Gracen is so big already! The girls looks so much alike, they really seem to enjoy the time they spend with their Aunts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've so much enjoyed this post and all the other ones for the last few weeks, Sarah! Like others have said, how those girls are growing! Especially Gracen. It all happens so fast, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did have so much fun, Nabila! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy time with your girls . . . I am sure you had a wonderful new year together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, Ellen! She's growing so fast! It seems almost like it was just yesterday that she was born. Aww, thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you have enjoyed them, Rena! Adelyn and Gracen are indeed growing so fast . . . it seems every time I see them (which is often!) they have grown and changed more again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! I was going to say the same thing, that they seem to be resembling each other more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to spend New Year's Day! I loved these photos of Adelyn and Gracen – they continue to grow so fast, and are a sweet as ever!

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, such happiness on all your faces, can really see the love flowing from you all being together and those beautiful girls.
    I also love hearing and seeing so much interaction with the girls and enjoyment too.
    I was out walking and saw in this window this little baby outfit something about stop texting and change the baby. I went for sure, too many parents are so busy texting everywhere they go and its so sad I feel as they aren't interacting with the baby or toddler or child/ren with them. They are texting even when pushing strollers,etc. along the street.
    Or you see them going into those coffee places and they must drink their coffee and then at home they are again texting or on computer checking and chatting and when do they spend time with their babies and children? Its so important to interact with them daily and like you all play and talk to them, read them stories and teach them things each day. Do cooking and baking when they get old enough to help out. Just look at the awesome glow on the one helping her auntie out by bringing the bunnies bottles to be filled up for them. If you both were into texting, she would miss that out doing that and learning how to do little jobs and enjoy doing them with others. And one day in her own home with her little ones and husband and know how to do cook/bake, clean and do jobs that need to be doing. You are all teaching her good work ethics and I love seeing that and hearing about it.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved and enjoyed reading about your day and seeing the pictures with your nieces as usually. Adelyn & Gracen looks a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)