Friday, February 15, 2013

A Much Enjoyed Photo Shoot

Back in December, Ryan and Ashley had asked if I could take photos of Adelyn and Gracen and take their family photo as well . . . we planned for this fun photo shoot several times, but then things like sickness kept preventing it. Finally one afternoon in December, Dad needed to go out to their place for something, and it worked out for me to go come along to take the photos. Ashley had already figured out where and how she wanted the photos taken, and then after Dad and I arrived, Ashley and I started in with photographing the girls. We didn't have a great deal of time so we hurried and laughed and tried different poses and angles and had so much fun through it all!

I came away with so many images on my camera and here are a few of my favorites as well as a few that add a little character :) . . .  

Gracen wasn't so sure about this photo business at first and gave me this look for the first several photos . . . still very cute :), but we wanted her smiles! 

 
There, that's a little better! Her Mommy is the best smile inducer :)

 After getting one of her favorite toys in her hands, then her smiles really started showing! Ashley was talking with her, and I was snapping away as Gracen grinned and grinned. She has such happy little smiles!

One of my favorites! She is such a precious little girl . . . she brings so much joy with her sweet, content and cheerful little self!

  Adelyn was next to photograph and with it nearing lunchtime, she wasn't entirely thrilled 
about this 'sit on the couch away from Mommy while I'm hungry and have to smile and have my photo taken'. :)

Not so sure about this!

A graham cracker makes all the difference. :) (You can see it in her right hand.) Now the smiles abounded, and we got some great photos! This one was my favorite.

Aww . . . she's such a sweetheart!

Next we tried some with her standing up and let's just say those were a little interesting as this photo attests to! We did get one photo that we really liked of her overall, but . . . she had graham cracker in her mouth. :)

Next was a family photo! Of some of the dearest people to me . . .


I am so blessed to have the brother, sister-in-law, and nieces that I do! Thank you Ryan and Ashley for the blessing that you are and for the very enjoyable afternoon photo shoot!

26 comments:

Amy said...

So cute.

Elizabethd said...

Two beautiful little girls. The family photo is delightful. You are a very professional photographer, Sarah.

Leah said...

You're a great photographer Sarah! I love all the photos. What a sweet memories for you have to look back in later years.

mikailah said...

oh, those pictures are so beautiful, Sarah! :) what precious little bundles of joy--and what a beautiful family! :) family is so sweet and precious. :)

many blessings!
-Mikailah

amy said...

Oh, oh, ohhh!!! Sarah! These pictures are so precious! I just want to huggle your little nieces right up ;)

Email coming your way very shortly, my dear friend :) Blessings!

~Tammy~ said...

Great job! They look very prefessional!

Anne said...

Beautiful photos, Sarah! And such a sweet family. :-)

Rena said...

What a beautiful job! Not only in the poses, but the colour combinations and everything too. They are the sweetest little girls. Adorable! And I think I recognise Leah's handiwork in those booties of Gracen's :)

Was this the big project?

Nabila Grace said...

Oh I love all the pictures!! I love candid pictures of kids since it always shows their personality! :) Their outfits were so sweet and their giggly smiles perfect! ;)

Sarah said...

I think so, too, Amy! :)

Sarah said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your sweet words! They are both so precious . . . we are blessed!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Leah! I'm glad that you enjoyed the photos. :) And yes, they do bring back sweet memories that I know will be enjoyed for years to come!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Mikailah! Yes, they are very precious. :) They bring so much joy to our lives!

Sarah said...

It was so very nice to hear from you again, Amy! Especially since you have been on my heart and mind as of late, and I have been planning to send you a little note. :) You beat me to it, though!

Your comment made me smile! They are very huggable. :) And kissable, too! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

I am looking forward to your e-mail!!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Tammy!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Mrs. Anne! And I would agree. :)

Sarah said...

Thank you, Rena! Ashley did a great job with the colors and backdrops. We were all pleased with how the photos came out!

The girls are pretty sweet. :) They bring so much joy to our lives! And yes, that is Leah’s handiwork . . . I wondered if anyone would notice! Those are about the only shoes that stay on Gracen’s feet, and they are so cute.

No, this isn’t the big project . . . I hope to have that one finished within the next few weeks, though, and am looking forward to posting about it!

Sarah said...

I am glad that you enjoyed them, Nabila! And thank you for your enthusiastic comment! It made me smile to read it. :) I love candid photos as well, and some of these ones really show the girls’ personalities!

Anna said...

Beautiful pictures of some beautiful little girls! You and Ashley did a great job!

The first one of Gracen looks like it would be nice as a black and white photo :). I love the look she has in that one . . . too cute. Her smiles are so precious!

Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Nikki R said...

Sarah,
Such beautiful moments you captured. If this little one I am carrying is a girl I think I will be ordering a pair of boots from your sister. They are adorable.:) How old is the baby? ~Nikki

Julianne said...

Just beautiful! Ashley's skirt is beautiful too!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Anna, for your sweet comment! I always love hearing from you. :)

That photo would look nice in black and white! I never think to try that . . . thank you for mentioning it. Her smiles are indeed!

You’re welcome, and thank you! I hope that your day is a wonderful one as well!

Sarah said...

It was so nice to see a comment from you here, Nikki! Thank you. :) And congratulations on your coming little one! What a blessing for you and your family!

Leah would be more than happy to crochet some of the boots for you if it is indeed a little girl. They are about the only things that stay on Gracen’s feet, :) and they are so cute, too! Gracen was a little over six months when those photos were taken.

I will be praying for you and baby for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Julianne! And I would agree, her skirt is pretty. :)

Joy said...

I love all these photos, Sarah! The family photo is beautiful. ♥

Sarah said...

I am glad that you enjoyed them, Joy! :)