After months of thinking, designing, planning, editing, writing, photographing, changing, printing, measuring, cutting . . . and some steps over and over and over again to get things right! . . . the project I have been working on is finished! That project was designing cross-stitch patterns, writing/designing a cross-stitch instructional booklet, and then making cross-stitch kits
to go in my Etsy store!
to go in my Etsy store!
I have designed three patterns so far, and here they are after being stitched and framed . . .
The most time consuming part of the whole process was the writing and photographing for the 13- page Instruction Booklet (which is in the "Complete Kits"), but it was also enjoyable to do. And sometimes funny! I am sure if someone could see 'behind the scenes' at the miscellaneous things I used during the photographing to hold things in place, to use for backdrops, etc., they would have found it quite entertaining. :)
As I wrote the booklet, it helped a lot having had the experience of teaching so many young girls to cross-stitch before . . . the questions that they had asked, the areas that they had found difficult, all came to mind as I tried to answer and address each one of them in the booklet. It felt so good to finally have the booklet finished and printed for the first time!
A glimpse inside the Instruction Booklet . . .
After printer problems and eventually needing to get a new printer, it was especially exciting to finally reach the point of assembling the kits! Here is the one for "Rejoice in the Lord" (a front and back view.)
And the kit contents . . .
Dad gave me a great time saving idea for the thread cards . . . instead of using scissors to clip a triangle to wind the thread around, use a hole punch! It worked so well!
And a glimpse at one of the patterns . . .
In a way, it's almost hard to believe I finally made it to this point . . . over the months of working on this project, there were times when I wondered if it would ever be finished! There were even some times of frustration (and overcoming that frustration) such as when finding out that the program I had designed almost everything in, printed the images fuzzy so many of the things needed to be redone in a different program (but thanks to Leah's help, it didn't take nearly as long to fix as if I had done it myself!) . . . yet overall it was so enjoyable and exciting to do, and the Lord answered many of my prayers throughout the process and helped overcome each obstacle that arose in the way. How faithful He is!
So that's the big project that has been filling many, many of my hours the past few months! It is so exciting to have it completed now and the kits and PDF patterns listed in my Etsy shop! (If you were interested in visiting, the address is AsLiliesCountryStore.etsy.com) And now with these designs finished and the Instruction Booklet done, it's time to start putting on 'paper' some of the new designs that are in my mind!