Saturday, March 23, 2013

Waiting on Dixie

Each day that goes by brings Dixie closer to her due date which is Tuesday of next week! She is our first doe due, and since she kidded nine days early last year, we have been keeping a close eye on her. Her days are spent out in their pen, and at night we bring her into the barn along with Chase and Larkspur for company. At night, we have a baby monitor out in the barn with them, and the transmitter is in Leah's and my room so we can keep an eye (or an ear?) on her at night. (We did the same thing with Chloe last year, and thanks to that, we were woken up and able to be there when she kidded.)

 Not the greatest photo of her, but as I've mentioned before, she is not easy to photograph as she always stays so close to me when I'm out there!

 Dixie is starting to move slower and looks very pregnant! And we're wondring . . . will it be twins? Triplets? Bucklings? Doelings? I'm hoping for twin doelings. :) It shouldn't be much longer now and then we'll know! We are so looking forward to when she kids!

Meanwhile as we wait, the days have been full . . . I ended up needing to get a new printer to continue with the big project I have been working on, and so far, I am really pleased with it! So this week I spent quite a bit of time working on that. 

Yesterday, Mom, Leah and I went with Ashley, Adelyn and Gracen to a large consignment sale for everything children related. We had such a fun time! Ashley found quite a few things as did Mom, and I came away with a wooden puzzle and a four piece child size china tea cup and saucer set. I can foresee little tea parties with Adelyn and Gracen someday! Then after that, we enjoyed lunch out, a visit to a thrift store, and then back to "Grandma and Grandpa's house" where two tired little girls were quite glad for naps. I love days like this spent together!


Now we're bracing for a winter storm that is due to arrive tonight . . . yes, a winter storm in the spring when the leaves should be coming out on the trees and the fruit trees should be in blossom! After this, though, it looks like the temperatures will start warming up again which we're all looking forward to!

 
Slowly but surely, the daffodils are getting closer to blooming  

6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a sweet little teaset! I can imagine you all playing 'house' with it and enjoying pretend cups of tea!

Karen F said...

I am really curious to know what that "special big project" is! :-)

Sarah said...

Thank you, Elizabeth! Oh yes, I can hardly wait for those days! It's going to be so much fun. :)

Sarah said...

Wonder no more, Karen! I just did a post about it. :) It is so exciting to have it finished!

Nabila Grace said...

What a fun day out with the girls! :) I love days like that. Can't wait to see pictures of Dixie's baby(s) :)

Sarah said...

It was indeed, Nabila! Pictures will be coming soon :) . . . they are overdue, but I've been a little busy the past few days! Stay tuned!