Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sweet Nieces

The times when Adelyn and Gracen come over to stay for awhile are always so fun and special! And much to our delight, it happens quite often, and of course, their parents stay sometimes, too. (And not to leave you both out Ryan and Ashley :), we love those times with you both as well!)

Anyway, this past week, the girls were over twice, and I took my camera out for a bit each time, and took a number of photos. It was nice as the first day they came over it was warm and sunny so we could spend some time outdoors which Adelyn especially loved.

Leah bringing Adelyn and Gracen outside

Watching their Grandpa work on cleaning out the buck pens

One of the many faces of Adelyn! She was having so much fun running around!

Playing with Aunt Sarah
(It's so funny, though, as she can't say my name so she calls both Leah and I "eah" (short for Leah) . . . it is so cute!)

Gracen with her Grandma

Adelyn going to see her Grandpa!

Getting hugs from Adelyn . . . she is such a sweet and very much-loved little girl!

Watching the goats

Precious Gracen playing with Aunt Leah after her nap

Today while we had the girls, Ryan and Ashley were at a large neighborhood garage sale, and they came back with some treasures, one of which was this tricycle which Adelyn loved!

Her Daddy helping her to 'ride' the tricycle

While the rocking horse wasn't one of their finds (Mom got it at a second hand store awhile back), Gracen had a lot of fun playing on it with her Mommy!

 Adelyn and Gracen are both growing up so fast! Adelyn is talking quite a bit now (albeit there is a lot we still can't understand), and she loves to have conversations with us. She is so sweet with her 'yes', 'pease', 'tank you', 'you okay?' that she says as well as her many hugs! Gracen is standing a bit on her own now . . . an achievement just accomplished for the first time this week! And her grins are almost always on her face as she's such a cheerful little thing. Both Adelyn and Gracen are such precious blessings and bring so much joy to our lives!

15 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How they are growing up now!

Suze said...

I love to hear about the girls growing up. It happens so very fast.

7 Eagles said...

You read my mind! I was going to hint that it had been some time since we'd had an update on the nieces. Thanks for this one. They are so sweet!

Karen F said...

Aww, such sweet nieces indeed! :-) I loved all the pictures, and what you had to say about it all. I can't wait to have nieces and/or nephews of my own to play with. ;-)

Leah said...

Love seeing the pictures of you and your family having close relationships with your nieces!

"eah" sounds very familiar to me. Right now, my 2 yrs. old niece couldn't say my name properly either. She says "weah". I love it when she says it and cherish it because it won't be for very long before she can say "Leah" instead of "weah". Her older brother, when he was little, he used to called me "Lulu" instead of "Leah". Have you heard of Dora the Explorer show? I think Dora has a friend named Lulu or something. That's where we think he picked up that name and called me that instead of Leah. Guess in his mind, that it's easier to call me that. I missed hearing him calling me my nickname. :) It won't be long until before Adelyn can say your name Sarah!

Nabila Grace said...

They are so sweet!! I can't believe how big they have both gotten! They almost look like twins! :)

Anna said...

I would agree with 7 Eagles - I, too, was getting eager to see pictures of the girls again! I looked back at photos of Adelyn when she was the age that Gracen is now; it is interesting to note the similarities and differences! Since my youngest sibling is six now, I really enjoy helping a family in our church who has younger children. I especially like spending time with their two-year-old and five-month-old girls. They have become like a second set of siblings to me :). I'm sure you enjoy having little ones around again, too, and I'm glad to hear that you get to spend so much time with them!

Sarah said...

They are, Elizabeth! It's so fun watching them growing, changing and learning . . . though it's a little bittersweet, too. :)

Sarah said...

I am glad that you enjoyed it, Suze! And I agree, it does happen so fast! It doesn’t seem that long ago when Adelyn was just learning to walk nor when little Gracen was born. Time flies by so quickly!

Sarah said...

Well, I beat you to it, Betsy! I had been meaning to do a post about our times together with Adelyn and Gracen for quite awhile as I have taken so many photos, but then I got behind in posting and in processing pictures. But at long last it happened! (Albeit with only the newer photos. :)

I’m glad you enjoyed it, and you’re welcome! And I would agree wholeheartedly. :) They are very sweet!

Sarah said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the photos and post, Karen! You will love being an aunt. :) It is so special and nieces (and I know nephews would be, too) are so precious and fun!

Sarah said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Leah! Aww, that is cute what your niece calls you and what your nephew had called you! I love listening to the way children pronounce different words and names as they are learning to talk.

Even though “eah” isn’t my name, it always makes me smile to hear her call me that. And I’m looking forward to when she can say “Aunt Sarah”! We’re working on it. ;)

Sarah said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Nabila! Yes, they are starting to look a lot more alike . . . it’s fun to see the similarities!

Sarah said...

I am glad that you enjoyed it, Anna! It was quite overdue. :) Like you, it is interesting to see the similarities and differences between Adelyn and Gracen. They used to look a lot different, but now I am seeing quite a resemblance between them. Gracen’s hair is even starting to curl like Adelyn’s now!

That is so nice that you have little ‘siblings’ to spend time with. Having enjoyed that myself, I know how special it is. And I am sure their mother appreciates your spending time with them and helping!

Joy said...

Sweet little girls! I can't believe how much they've grown!