Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An Evening Walk

Last evening it was beautiful outside, and I had opportunity to enjoy it by taking a walk through our woods with my camera in hand. The sun's rays were lighting up the trees, there was a gentle breeze, birds were flitting around in the underbrush, and the crunch of fallen leaves sounded underneath my feet as I walked.  Times like this in the peacefulness of the outdoors, enjoying the beauty of God's creation are always so nice!


Autumn colors in the leaves

The sun lighting up seed heads of wild plants

Spent thistle heads

Berries on what I believe is Japanese Honeysuckle

Discovering these berries led to a fun photo session experimenting with the sun's rays!


A few lone flowers blooming

Woodland mushrooms


The sun is sinking . . . another day coming to a close

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"O LORD, how many are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all;
The earth is full of your possessions."
Psalm 104:24

10 comments:

  1. Linda Andrews SmithOctober 29, 2013

    Sarah, what a nice post. My husband and I enjoyed being outside yesterday also and saw another beautiful sunset last evening. We were talking Sunday on the way home from church about how God tells us to be the light of the world (Mat 5:14-16) and how we want "our" light to shine for Him. As I read your post and enjoyed the pictures full of light and His beauty, I had to just praise Him again. Thanks~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful countryside you live in Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The heavens (and earth :) declare the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really missing those gorgeous Fall colors, now that we live in Texas. Thanks for the lovely reminder!:-)

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you and your husband had an enjoyable time together, Linda! Sunsets are so beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing what you were both talking about with being the light of the world! I appreciated the thoughts you shared. That passage has been on my mind this week as well . . . what an important reminder it is of the Light we are supposed to be reflecting, and as the passage continues with, to the purpose of bringing glory to our God and Father. Very convicting!

    It made me smile to hear how the post was a blessing to you. He is indeed worthy of all of our praise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think so, too, Elizabeth :) We are thankful to be able to live where we do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do indeed, Anna! Romans 1:20 comes to mind about how the invisible attributes of God are clearly seen through what has been made. How true that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you are, Betsy! Texas would be quite different than Michigan. Though I am sure the change of seasons in Texas has its own unique beauty, too! And at least you can enjoy the fall colors via photos/blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)