Friday, October 11, 2013

Our Time for Him


Quite some time ago, a friend of mine, Joy, shared a quote on her blog . . . it struck a cord in my heart, and I printed it off and added it to the front of my homemaking binder. Each day when I open the binder to the day's tasks, or in the evening as I plan out the coming day, I see the quote and it reminds me, and refreshes my heart, as to my purpose. Not simply going through each day, crossing things off of my 'to-do' list, etc., but striving to make each moment count for the Lord, each task being done for Him, each pleasurable outing enjoyed with a heart seeking to please Him. Having a heart and mind "set on the things above" and "making the most of [my] time" for Him. 

It has been a wonderful reminder to me, and I hope that it blesses your heart as it did mine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Our days are like beautiful summer fields as God gives them to us. The minutes are blooming flowers and silvery blades of grass and stalks of wheat with their germs of golden grains. The hours are trees with their rich foliage or vines with their blossom potentials of purple clusters. Oh the endless, blessed possibilities of the days and hours and minutes as they come to us from God's hands! But what did you do with yesterday? How does the little acre of that one day look to you now? What are you doing with your time? Every moment God gives us has in it a possibility of beauty as well as something to be accounted for. Are we using our time for God?" ~ J. R. Miller

10 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    What a timely and beautiful reminder of how to live all our hours for the Lord, and not to waste them. Thank you for this.
    I had meant to comment earlier that it's great to see you back and in good health. Along with many others, I had missed your posts.
    In Christ,
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could all do with that printed out in front of us, Sarah. It's something I shall read over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a solemn, sweet reminder that our purpose is so much more than simply existing, and even more than just "being productive"!

    Thanks so much for sharing this quote, Sarah; it was a blessing to me. May the Lord bless and help you as you strive to live each day to the fullest for HIM!

    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good reminder, Sarah! That quote reminded me think of something I was thinking about recently - how each little thing we do in our homes (though doing laundry and vacuuming carpets can often seems very mundane :) can be, and is to be, an act of service to the Lord.

    (By the way, I've really missed posting on my blog, so I just decided to start up again. No promises as to how frequent I'll be!!)

    I hope you have a blessed and restful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that it was a blessing to you, Helena! And thank you for your kind comment! It was nice to hear from you again. :)

    I am so thankful to the Lord to be back in good health, and am glad to be back to blogging again as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful reminder, isn’t it, Elizabeth? I hope that it will continue to be a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is indeed, Katie! I am so glad that it could be a blessing to you. And thank you for your kind and encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing what has been on your heart, Anna! How very true. It reminds me of the Scripture “whatever you do, do your work heartily as for the Lord rather than for men.” No matter what we are doing, the work of our hands is to be done for our Lord . . . and how sweet the tasks become when done with that heart!

    I am glad to hear that you are back to blogging! I will be visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my. This homemaking binder looks very interesting! Would love to know more about how you use it every day, how it's organized, what's in it, etc. Definitely blogworthy, in my humble opinion!:-)

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps I'll share a post about it someday, Betsy! It's still a work in progress, though. :) But a definite help so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)