Friday, November 22, 2013

A Psalm to Share


The Psalms are full of beautiful imagery, convicting truth, adoration and praise of God that fills one's heart with awe for the Lord, close fellowship that is seen between the psalmist and the Lord God, and so much more . . . I love reading them! And the one that I read last night before bed really spoke to my heart (it's one of my favorites!) . . . I hope that the portion of it shared below will be a blessing to you as well . . . .

"O God, You are my God; I shall seek you earnestly;
My soul thrists for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to You; 
Your right hand upholds me . . . ."
Psalm 63:1-8 

4 comments:

  1. I find so much comfort in the Psalms Sarah, and that is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's lots of comfort and encouragement in the Psalms. Thanks for sharing, and the photos are beautiful.
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do as well, Elizabeth . . . there is so much that is encouraging and comforting in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is indeed, Mrs. Anne! And you're welcome for sharing. :)

    Thank you! I hope you did as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)