Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Great is Thy Faithfulness

This hymn has been on my heart and mind as of late and I thought I would share it here . . . it is one of my favorites, and I hope that it will be a blessing and encouragement to you as it has been to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou has been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!


Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!


Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

Words by: Thomas O. Chisholm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His faithfulness is indeed so very great! And how very thankful I am for it.

"Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens,
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mountains of God;
Your judgments are like a great deep.
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house;
And You give them to drink of the river of Your delights.
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light."
Psalm 36:5-9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Both of the above photos were taken this past Sunday . . . one in the morning 
and the other in the evening, and they seemed to fit well with this post.)

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing more comforting that knowing this Truth! Lovely pictures Sarah... Shalom! :-) m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hymn! 2 Timothy 2:13 ~ He is faithful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Maria! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is indeed, Mrs. Anne! And thank you for sharing that Scripture . . . it fits very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)