Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Step Closer

This week, the snow fell thickly (around 10 inches of it in fact!), the winds blew strongly, the temperature plummeted, and meanwhile, my sewing machine whirred . . .


Row by row, stitch by stitch . . . and the final result? All of the machine quilting on my quilt is now finished! Finally! Now all that is left as far as the actual quilting goes, is to finish the hand quilting . . . only 25 squares left to go. Maybe just maybe, I'll meet my goal and have this quilt finished by the end of the winter!

6 comments:

  1. It's going to look so nice - I can't wait to see the finished product!

    Makes me wish that I had a project to do by hand like that right now while I'm out with a migraine . . . I recently finished the crocheting that I had been working on and haven't started a new project yet since, under normal circumstances, I don't have much time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is just beautiful!
    So are you machine sewing in the ditch and then hand quilting maybe at 1/4 inch inside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Anna! I am sorry to hear that you had a migraine! Hopefully you are feeling much better by now.

    That's great that you were able to finish the crochet project you were working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Julianne! You must be a quilter given the question you asked. :) Yes, I quilted in the ditch over the entire quilt. The hand quilting, though, is a flower design that is quilted on the large brown/floral squares. I love the extra touch they give to the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Please be sure to show us the finished quilt when it is completed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)