Tuesday, March 4, 2014

At the Close of February

-- We celebrated my 28th birthday --

 Which was a special day! After the very full few weeks that preceded it, it was so nice to have a quiet day at home with my family.

-- Leah found a puppy that she is going to be getting! --

Photo: It's official... just a few more weeks and I will be picking up this little girl and bringing her home with me. <3

Isn't she adorable? She is an Akita, and she'll be old enough to pick up in less than two weeks. Leah is quite excited! And I am, too. :) It will be so fun to have a little puppy around the house again.


-- Leah and I got our barn all cleaned out and ready for kidding --

We have three does due this month, and their due dates are in 6, 7, and 14 days. Aurora and Dixie have already been moved to the barn, and we are looking forward to having little goat kids again!

Dixie

Aurora with her doeling, Sierra, from last year (Sierra's just in there to keep Aurora company.) Aurora certainly doesn't act like she's due to kid in just six days!

So this is some of what February came to a close with, and now March has begun. It is already off to a wonderful start, though I wouldn't mind if it was just a little warmer :) - yesterday morning it was -2 with -12 wind chill here . . . I am so ready for spring!

16 comments:

  1. All this new life is a great sign. I am waiting for autumn to settle in. God bless and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Sarah! An Endless Chain by Isabella Alden. What is that book about?

    Aww...Leah's puppy is so cute! What is she going to name her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday dear Sarah.

    Your weather is too similar to ours ... Brrr, Cold!

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy returns of your day, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Sarah.:-) You spent it just the way I like to spend my birthdays--quietly at home with my family! It will be interesting and exciting to see what new changes you will experience this year. It seems that each year, I read about new ventures, spiritual lessons, trials and tests, hobbies, animals...your life is never dull!:-) I look forward to keeping up with all that The Lord has in store for you!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is, Suze! Spring is on its way . . . it’s hard to imagine on your side of the world you are waiting on Autumn. Hope that you enjoy that season with all of its delights!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Leah! I’m not even sure how to describe what An Endless Chain is about as there are many themes and characters intertwined. The heart of the book, though, is the true believers in it being a light of Christ and working for the salvation of those around them as well as growing in Christ themselves. The story itself is enjoyable to read, and it is so convicting and encouraging as well!

    She is, isn’t she? The breeders sent Leah an updated photo of her, and she’s even cuter now if that can be possible. :) She’s not sure yet what she is going to name her . . . she’s waiting to see what the puppy's personality will be like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Mrs. B! It has been cold, hasn’t it? I would imagine our weather is a little different than yours now . . . it’s finally warming up and is in the 40’s today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Betsy! Quiet birthdays at home with family are nice, aren’t they?

    I, too, am looking forward to what all the Lord has in store for me this next year! Each year seems full of so many blessings, lessons, changes, growth and more. We also have a lot of plans/ideas for this spring/summer . . . I think it is going to be a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Birthday Sarah! I hope you had a most blessed day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Sarah!
    The pup is so cute and so is Aurora, looking right at the camera for her photo! :-) It's been a long winter.
    I'm hoping to see some green somewhere soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. My birthday is pretty soon so you are only a couple weeks older than me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Tabitha! It was indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Mrs. Anne! They are, aren't they?

    Hasn't the warmer weather been lovely the past few days? I just noticed this morning that our yard is showing the first hint of green. Spring is on its way!

    Blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't realize we were that close in age, Britta. :) A very happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)