Monday, March 24, 2014

First Flowers of Spring and a Psalm to Share

There's nothing like the first bright cheerfulness that the first flowers of the year bring 
after a long, cold winter. These ones are about a month later than normal, but 
welcomed all the more because of that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was originally going to post just the above today, but portions of a certain Psalm which I know in song have been running through my mind often today, and I thought I would share them here in the hopes that they would uplift and encourage your heart as they have mine . . .

"I love the LORD, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

"Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.

"What shall I render to the LORD
For all of His benefits toward me?
I shall lift the cup of salvation
And call upon the name of the LORD.

"To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And call upon the name of the LORD."

Psalm 116:1-2, 5-8, 12-13, 17

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

The Iris are beautiful, Sarah. Somehow that shade of blue is so appealing after a dark Winter.

7 Eagles said...

Gorgeous picture of the flowers, Sarah! And certainly a sight for sore eyes after so much winter!

On an unrelated note, I've been wondering about the new sweet puppy Leah has. Is he the only dog y'all have now? When I started reading your blog, it seemed like you have quite a few.

~ Betsy

Sarah said...

I would agree, Elizabeth! And I love the contrast they have with the blue and the bright yellow. So cheering!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Betsy! And yes, they certainly are.

We did use to have a number of dogs, but lost some of them to old age in the past few years. Leah still has her dog, Mandy, but as she also is getting up there in years and is beginning to decline in health, Leah was wanting to have another dog before she loses Mandy. So now we have two!