Friday, April 18, 2014

Thankful for my Dad

Today we celebrated my Dad’s birthday, and I’ve been thinking about some of the many things I am thankful for in him (and there are a lot! :) . . .

I love getting up in the morning, walking down the dark hall to the office where one light is on to see him reading his Bible and spending time with the Lord.

I love his sincere love for God, His truth, and for proclaiming and defending that truth.

I love his love for his family . . . always there, strong, protective, willing to do the hard things, teaching, guiding, and much more.

I love his smile, his laugh, hearing him whistle, his sense of humor . . . out of anyone in our family, he can probably get me laughing the easiest!

I love his desire to help us achieve our dreams and goals whether it be farm/garden things, ministry opportunities, our businesses, or simply things that we enjoy doing.

I love how he likes to spend time with us.

I love how I can always talk to him . . . share my heart, get his wisdom and counsel, hear what advice he might have.

But most of all, I just love him. I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with him as my dad!

10 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How comforting. Sadly my father died suddenly when I was only 7 so I never knew the things you have described....but I did have a wonderful grandfather.

Suze said...

How wonderful. Having great parents is a rare gift and I am glad you treasure the gift.

A Joyful Chaos said...

So beautiful. Godly parents are such a blessing.

Sarah said...

I am sorry about your Dad, Elizabeth! That would have been so hard . . . I am sure you are thankful for those seven years. And what a great blessing that you had a wonderful grandfather!

Sarah said...

Yes, it is, Suze . . . which makes me all the more thankful for mine!

Sarah said...

They are indeed, A Joyful Chaos!

Anna said...

So sweet to hear of your relationship with your Dad. I know I am so thankful to the Lord for giving me a Christian Father and for the relationship that we share!

Anne said...

It's such a gift to have great parents. I'm glad you treasure yours.

Joy said...

How sweet! Happy belated birthday to your dad, and I hope he had a wonderful day! :)

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Anna, Mrs. Anne and Joy!