Monday, May 5, 2014

The Full Days of Spring

I can hardly believe how very full the days have been as of late and how quickly they have been flying by! They have included things such as regular spring work in the gardens, getting goats ready to sell, mowing, beehive inspections, and soap making. Leah and I also took a trip out of town and went to the Worldview Weekend Conference and also spent an extra day in Branson in order to spend some time with friends of ours who were also going, and then we had to stay another extra day due to the severe storms rolling through which prevented us from going home when we had planned.

Since getting home, I have had the best of intentions to blog, but it hasn't exactly happened! :) I do have a couple of trip posts in the works which I hope to share soon. In the meantime, here are a few random photos that have been captured around here right now . . .

Rosemary Lime soap . . . one (of many!) new varieties that has been listed in my shop recently.

Last evening, Leah and I went out and photographed five of the goats we are going to be selling including the below two . . . they were quite cooperative for their photo shoot!

You may remember Ebony . . . she has matured into a very sweet, beautiful doe and is due to kid next month!

One of Dixie's doelings that I am selling

And now for a few other random photos . . .

This is an older photo that I found from mid-April and since this is a rather random post, I thought I would include it, too! We were expected to have a hard freeze (around 25 degrees) so needed to cover everything . . . this temporary structure that Leah and I made protected the newly planted cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli plants.

A Red Milksnake that my Dad found . . . as much as I dislike snakes, I still find them fascinating! (from a distance anyway. :)

  A beautiful Luna Moth on a tree right outside of our front door. The variety and beauty in God's creation never ceases to amaze me!

Time is ticking and work is calling me so this brief post will have to suffice for now!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! <3 I love your pictures Sarah! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make such beautiful soap and the way you set up the photos is so attractive!

    I'm with you on the snakes :) . . .

    I have always thought that Luna Moths were very interesting. There aren't too many other green creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUsy days indeed. Enjoy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again, Sarah.

    Amazing the way the snake holds itself up like that, don't you think!

    Lime and rosemary soap sounds absolutely gorgeous. And as others have said, you do take beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tabitha! And you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Anna!

    You're right . . . there aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Suze! I am very much so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Likewise, Rena!

    It is . . . snakes are really fascinating creatures.

    That scent combo is another of my favorites - I really like how it turned out! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)