Last week I did the last of the hand quilting . . .
Quilting the last square!
. . . and trimmed around the edges of the quilt in preparation for the binding.
Then came making the binding, machine sewing it around the edges of the quilt, and lastly, folding the binding over the edge and hand sewing it down around the whole quilt.
I finished the hand sewing this week and . . . the quilt is finally finished!
I am so happy to have it completed! It was quite the lengthy and big project . . . and enjoyable, too. :)
This is my seventh quilt to make so far and is the largest of all of them. I first saw the pattern for it in a craft book, and the pattern was taken from an antique quilt, a photo of which was included with the pattern. I instantly liked the look of the antique quilt and knew it was one I wanted to make, but didn't realize how large it was until after it was pieced together (this quilt's completed measurements are between queen and king size.) A quilt of that size takes awhile to quilt for a slow quilter like me!