Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Hallelujah"

There was a music video that had been circulating on facebook awhile back, and my family and I watched it (many times!) and really liked it. Each time I watch it and listen to the song, my heart fills with thanksgiving to the Lord for what He has done. What an incredible gift Jesus Christ gave of Himself!

Leaving heaven, being born of a virgin, growing up, and living as a man . . . fully man, yet fully God . . . perfect, yet still was tempted in all things . . . serving, loving, healing, teaching, testifying . . . and eventually, dying on the cross. And for what purpose? Amazing, unfathomable love for each one of us . . . for every man . . . that we may be redeemed.

I am so very thankful that Jesus came to this earth, and lived and died, taking the punishment of all of our sin upon Himself, and rose again so that all who believe in Him will be forgiven their sins and receive eternal life. He truly is worthy of all praise and adoration! 



"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"Christ Jesus who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5b-8

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal live." John 3:16

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;” Romans 3:23-24

Indeed . . . "Hallelujah" . . . Praise the Lord!

10 comments:

  1. I put the video on full screen to watch, and was fascinated by the audience reactions. Their faces were so intense. I thought it was a beautiful song perfect for our thoughts at Christmas. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Andrews SmithDecember 28, 2014

    Sarah I love this song and have listened to it many times over the past month. Love my Savior, Jesus, Hallelujah! Did not know you were on FB until I read this and I found your Niobrara Farm page today. :) Hope your family had a Merry Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow even though I have heard this song way too much as it is a my girls favourite I loved this. Philippa and I went to a sign it yourself Messiah. It is held twice a year at Christmas and Easter. We find it a beautiful way to prepare for these seasons,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs - my husband and I heard it performed live recently. We also love the old carols - nothing is better than getting together with other believers at the Christmas Eve service and lifting our voices together as we commemorate the coming of our Savior and Redeemer. =)

    I hope you had a beautiful Christmas with your family Sarah. It's such a special time of year when Christians around the world through the ages have remembered that time when God came to the earth as a man and changed the world. Did you do anything special with your family? Does your family or your brother's family have any special traditions for this time of year?

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ~Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you enjoyed it, Elizabeth! It was interesting watching the reactions by the audience . . . I loved at the end when they all sang the chorus together. With all their voices and the music swelling, it was powerful!

    You’re welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you have listened to this song many times, Linda! We have, too. :) It is so beautiful and powerful!

    I am glad that you found my facebook page. :)

    Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful new year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too, Mrs. Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you enjoyed listening to it again, Suze! That would have been quite the experience to go to a ‘sing it yourself Messiah’. I hope that you both enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat that you were able to hear this song performed live, Jessi! It is a beautiful one. I love how it shares not only about Christ's birth, but also His purpose in coming and His death for us. What a wonderful Savior He is!

    We actually don’t celebrate Christmas. :) So we didn’t do anything special for the day.

    For New Years we always have a fun and special evening planned which we’ll be doing again this year. I am looking forward to that!

    I hope that you have a happy New Year as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)