Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Few Encouraging Quotes to Share

Do you ever have times when it feels like the Lord is directly speaking to your heart through different things that you read? Giving you what you need at the right time? (Though sometimes you might not even know you need it!)

The last week or so there have been so many encouraging things that I have read, whether it be online, in devotionals, or in a newsletter (and of course my Bible, too :), that have all been helpful to me in my walk with Christ. I thought I would share two of the quotes with you in the hopes that they will also be an encouragement and blessing to you!

This first is from an unknown author and was in the main article in the most recent Berean Call newsletter (which I would link to if it was online as the entire article was very good!) . . . 

“Just as you have left the whole burden of your sin, and have rested on the finished work of Christ, so leave the whole burden of your life and service, and rest upon the present in-working of the Holy Spirit. Give yourself up, morning by morning, to be led by the Holy Spirit and go forth praising and at rest, leaving Him to manage you and your day.

“Cultivate the habit all through the day, of joyfully depending upon and obeying Him, expecting Him to guide, to enlighten, to reprove, to teach, to use, and to do in and with you what He wills. Count upon His working as a fact, altogether apart from sight or feeling. Only let us believe in and obey the Holy Spirit as the Ruler of our lives, and cease from the burden of trying to manage ourselves; then shall the fruit of the Spirit appear in us as He wills to the glory of God."


And this one is from Institute for Creation Research's devotional "Days of Praise" (which can be read in its entirety here.)

"As we endeavor to follow God’s leading, we should proceed as best we can discern the situation (assuming there is no scriptural teaching to the contrary), all the while praying for wisdom and clarification. He may shut the door and redirect, or He may confirm our decision. We can proceed in the confidence that He will go with us, and when the time is right, He will lead us on."


I am so thankful for wise and convicting teaching from godly people like those who wrote these. And I hope that the quotes were able to be an encouragement to you as well!


(On a different note, can you tell by the photos I am thinking of spring? :) Only 64 days to go!)

12 comments:

  1. God bless. I am thinking of autumn. It has been a hot and sticky 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully encouraging words Sarah, especially 'He may shut the door or He may confirm...'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great quotes! I've recently been blessed by some very timely quotes that have come into my life at just the right time, also. It's very encouraging when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I typically scroll past "random quotes" posts, as I mostly enjoy coming to Blogger to read updates about people's lives; but today I felt a hunch (a gentle Holy Spirit poke?) that I should read yours, and I'm so glad I did. The first one, especially, was just so very much exactly what I needed to read today. "Managing myself" is a terribly heavy burden indeed, and it has been pulling me down into some serious anxiety and exhaustion the last few weeks. Thank you for sharing this reminder that this is a burden I don't have to carry alone!!

    Have a wonderful day in your neck of the woods!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes, Sarah, thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely post Sarah He will always guide when we listen!!! God Bless x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you would be thinking of autumn, Suze! I am sure you’re looking forward to your Autumn about as much as we are for our spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that they could be a blessing to you, Elizabeth! That sentence stood out to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful that you have also been blessed by timely quotes lately, Joy! It is indeed very encouraging when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Vicki, for taking the time to share all of that! It was so encouraging to read how the Lord worked to provide just what you needed! He is so faithful, isn’t He? I almost didn’t post these on Thursday . . . I am very glad that I decided to! May they continue to be a help to you as you lay ‘the burden of managing yourself’ on Him.

    I hope that you have a wonderful day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You’re welcome, Mrs. Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He will indeed, Marie! What a blessing and comfort that is to have that assurance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)