Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An Evening Walk

Sunshine, a gentle breeze, and warm temperatures beckoned me outside with my camera one evening earlier this week. There isn't as much to photograph here this time of year (especially when there is no snow!), yet as I walked around our place and through the woods, fallen leaves crunching underneath my feet, evening sunlight breaking through the clouds, many things caught my eye . . . and a few were captured by my camera . . .








I do not know fully what it is about being out in the peacefulness and beauty of God's creation that is so refreshing . . . so restful. As I stood next to the fenceline looking out across our neighbor's pasture watching the sun slowly sink to the horizon, I soaked in the beauty and the quietness.



A noise down in the woods caught my attention, and before long, two deer came into view. Nervous, tails up, they slowly walked through the woods. Stopping once for a bit to glance up at me, before continuing on their way.
 

Rustles in the pasture grasses indicated little creatures of the mouse variety were scurrying around. It was so still out, that every once in awhile, I could hear their little teeth chewing!



There is so much all around us to see God's hand in, to see a reflection of His wisdom and power that created it all. And I am so thankful for that . . . and so thankful for opportunities like this to be able to enjoy a small part of His beautiful creation which indeed brings praise to Him.

"Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:14b

6 comments:

  1. There's beauty in every season,isn't there?! Thanks for sharing ~ beautiful sunsets. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such simple beauty.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is indeed, Mrs. Anne! And you're welcome for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome for sharing, Michelle! And thank you for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really captured the subtle colours of winter, and the still moment.
    Lovely.
    It's always worth going out, isn't it? ...for a few moments like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Alex! And yes, it certainly is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)