Saturday, January 17, 2015

Snippets from My Week

It was a fairly uneventful yet profitable and enjoyable week here filled with various things such as working on getting my homesteading binder all ready and updated for the new year . . .



starting the garden planning by going through last year's records . . .

Last years' seed starting schedule


washing the two antique quilts . . .

Looking much improved after being freshly washed and dried


working on taxes (which I actually kind of enjoy! I think it might be the organizer in me :) . . .



experimenting with new soap photography ideas . . .

A quickly put together, slightly out of focus, and incomplete idea that I ended up liking and am going to work with


having a giveaway on my Niobrara Farms' facebook page for a pack of three bars of soap (and if you would like to enter, live in the United States, and have a facebook account, visit my page at Niobrara Farms Soaps and enter there before this coming Monday at noon!)

One of the photos for the giveaway post - one of each of the varieties of soap I have so far


enjoying watching the songbirds come up to the water that my Dad puts out for them . . .

It was a treat to see bluebirds come up!


and also going to the nursing home again yesterday.

In the meantime while all of these things and more were taking place, cold winter days continued to pass by. And much to my delight, the cold came to a temporary end starting yesterday with highs in the 50's and sunshine! The next few days look to be beautiful ones here, and I am looking forward to them!

14 comments:

  1. Sadly, I dont have a Facebook account! Your soap photo looks very attractive with the lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about your homestead book today. In fact, I went back in your old posts and looked at it! I've been organizing our office and I thought it might be an idea to work with. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a very productive week, Sarah! Thank you for sharing a few snippets of it. :) I think you had said at one point that you were going to do some restoration on the quilts; am I remembering that correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I don't have a Facebook account either. I love your lavender soap.:-)
    I'm enjoying this change in the weather too. Beautiful bluebird!
    Enjoy your day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bluebird, and beautiful soaps! We don't have such kind of bluebirds here in Northern Europe.

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comment, Elizabeth! I had forgotten to put in the post that the giveaway is limited to those within the U.S. so you’re not missing out by not having a facebook account! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was interesting timing, K. Family! If you use any of the binder ideas, I hope they will be a help to you with all your organizing. A farm like yours would be a lot more intensive to keep organized!

    You’re welcome for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was, Anna! And you’re welcome for sharing. :)

    Yes, I do plan on restoring the quilts! I am kind of at the point now, though, that I am not exactly sure how best to repair them. I have been thinking about different ways, and just need to figure out what would be the best. I am looking forward to working on them, though, once I do figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you like the lavender soap so much, Mrs. Anne!

    The weather change had indeed been nice. I can imagine how much you are enjoying it! I am sure it is so pleasant on your farm on these warmer days.

    Thank you . . . and the same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Miriam! The bluebirds are indeed beautiful. They are one of my favorites to see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those all look like pleasant happenings! :) I got your lovely letter and look forward to replying...life is just a bit busy right now. o.O I'll tell you more about that when I write. :) Have a wonderful week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your sweet comment, Amy! I am looking forward to your letter whenever you have opportunity to write. :) I hope that you have a wonderful week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't leave a comment few months ago when you wrote about the pink & white quilt because I was busy and decided to wait until I email you. But when I saw the same quilt again in this post, I knew I better not let this go by again. I want to say, I love your pink & white quilt. It's so pretty!!!

    And I love the picture of bluebird. It's so pretty! We don't get bluebirds here (not that I'm aware of), only blue jays. I'm always happy whenever I see blue jays. I think they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your kind comment, Leah! I am glad you enjoyed seeing the quilt. :) I really like the combination of pink and white and then the pattern that was used as well!

    How fun that you enjoy watching the blue jays! They are beautiful birds. They have been coming up to our feeder as well, and I enjoy seeing them, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)