Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blanketed in White

We had our first significant snowfall of the season this week! Monday morning, everything was coated in a beautiful blanket of white, and I went for a much enjoyed walk with my camera.

Down our driveway, through the woods, over to see the goats . . . all was quiet and still save for the sound of the snow crunching underneath my boots as I walked and also the sight and sound of a few birds here and there.

I love being outdoors after a snowfall like this and taking in the beauty all around! There was so much to see and enjoy, some of which was captured with my camera . . .


Looking down our driveway

Snow on cedar branches

The same grass seedhead that I photographed a few weeks ago only now, covered with snow

Pinecones on one of our Pine trees

Not sure why these pinecones didn't open all the way up, but aren't they interesting?

 Another pinecone

 One of our big old Oak trees 
(with some of our beehives and fruit trees in the foreground.)

A snow-covered log pile

Sienna peeking out at me from the hoop house

And then coming up to be petted

Sierra . . . she wanted (and received :) some attention, too

Oak leaves

Looking out across our neighbor's pasture

Another of our big, old Oak trees . . . and one of my favorite trees on our place

 Hosta seed pods

 Flower seed heads that have yet to shed all of their seeds

 Snow caught in the crook of a dead tree

12 comments:

  1. Snow makes everything look so beautiful. Nature in white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I love seeing the world through your eyes. I gather snow is a treat for you instead of a daily bother. enjoy the prison beauty while it lasts. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I think your photography is one of my favorite parts of your blog. :)

    It's funny. I live in Iowa. So as I'm reading through your blog, a lot of the snow storms you post about I get hit with too! (We were only dusted by this one.)

    Thanks for posting!
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing scene... by God's hands...
    since I live in a southern island~
    We just have snowfall on the mountains
    higher than 1500m after middle December.
    Otherwise,
    Temperature is only near 5℃ on the ground
    during the coldest days of winter~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you enjoyed it, Suze. :) I will admit that sometimes the snow does get to be a bother, but it most times makes up for it in being so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Christina! I am glad you enjoy seeing the photos. :)

    That would seem funny reading here about the same storms you experienced! I just get more the southern portion of them. :)

    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to my blog, Traveler, and thank you for your comment!

    It is indeed . . . God's creation is so beautiful.

    It sounds like your climate is quite different than ours! And I am sure has a beauty all its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah :)

      It is once more amazing to me 
      have thankgiving to Lord 
      for your warmly reply! I Also thank 
      God let us knowing all his own, 
      true, wise & kindly words.
      Psalm 8:3~ 4(web version.)
      When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
      8:4 what is man, that you think of him? What is the son of man, that you care for him?

      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Your pictures held the beautiful silence of snow, Sarah. So evocative!
    Oh and the goats are just adorable (and never naughty?)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Alex!

    Our goats, naughty?! ;) Well, maybe sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those verses fit very well, Traveler! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)