Saturday, February 14, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy!

My brain has been swimming with keywords, SEOs, product descriptions, [some] html, shopping carts, product photography ideas, website customizations, and more. If you haven't guessed yet :), I have been building a website for Niobrara Farms! Well, as much 'building' as one does when they start with an e-commerce theme that has already been designed. :)

The past month or so, I decided to set aside my other winter projects for awhile and use this 'less busy' time to really focus on business planning and getting a website up and running before spring busyness arrives. It has been fun to do, and I am excited with how everything is coming together!

While I thankfully did not have to start building the site from scratch (since I am using an already developed theme), there was still so much that needed to be done including quite a few customizations which led me into hesitantly working in the html a bit.

All week, in the midst of all the business work and spending a lot of time on my new (and fast!) computer editing photos, working on the website, etc., I was trying to think of something interesting to post about here. I finally decided to simply post what has been primarily filling my last few weeks! And hopefully you all don't mind another soap related post. :)

My workspace with the website in progress

I finally found the right paper for the new labels, finalized the label design, and printed them. Then came photographing each variety of soap again which was time-consuming! I braved the wind and cold this morning to take photos of the last three varieties that needed to be photographed. So now that's done!

Here are a few of the product photos (one each for three of the soap varieties) . . .




Besides product photos, there was also a need to take other photos as well such as this one (which Leah actually took as I was the one holding the soap :) . . .


With one of the photos that was taken, I created a new banner for my Facebook Page . . .

 www.facebook.com/NiobraraFarmsSoaps
 
And in the midst of working on the website, it was also fun to come up with new packaging, too . . .



After quite a few very full weeks, I am nearing the end of this big project and am really looking forward to when the website goes 'live'!

8 comments:

  1. How very artistic you are, Sarah. Your photos give just the right ambiance. I think you are very clever to know how to build a web site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Sarah!
    The photos are stunning
    I hope your website is a huge success
    I so admire your work ethic and making the most of the gifts the Lord has given you

    Thank you for your previous reply- I have had quite a few earlier nights since then and have managed to create a bit more structure to my day

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are such an inspiring person! I'm really looking forward to seeing the website when it goes live.

    Those photos make me want to reach in and grab that soap and smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently discovered your blog and have been enjoying it because we have so much in common! Do you have a pattern you use for the skirts you make yourself? I would like to make myself some, as I am having a hard time finding them in stores. Thank you and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment, Elizabeth!

    I'm not so sure if it's 'clever' or just perseverance through a lot of trial and error. :) It really helps, though, to have an already made template to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your encouraging words, Fiona!

    You're welcome for the reply, and that's great that you've been able to get a bit more structure to your day! I have been working more to structure mine better as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Rena, for your sweet comment! I am hoping to have the website live in a few weeks . . . I'll be sure to post about it here when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my blog, Sara, and thank you for leaving a comment! It was nice to 'meet' you. :) And I am glad that you have enjoyed my blog!

    I don't really sew skirts for myself anymore as it has been less expensive (and easier!) to find them on e-bay and elsewhere. Speaking of which, it can be hard sometimes to find skirts in stores! Have you tried looking on ebay? We have had a lot of success through there! Catos is another great place for pretty skirts and reasonable prices.

    When we were making our skirts, these are the patterns that we used (however some we altered them a bit) . . .

    --Simplicity 8401
    --Simplicity 4595
    --Simplicity 9825
    --Simplicity 2655

    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)