Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The First Farmers Market and More

This past Saturday was the first Farmers Market of the season, and it went so well! Leah and I had both been looking forward to it and especially seeing everyone again.

It was a beautiful, cool morning when we headed out, and we enjoyed the familiar and pleasant drive . . .

Things are greening up!

The old railroad bridge over the river

At the market, we only took a few photos of the booth right before it started. I had hoped to get more photos there, but forgot about it! Maybe next time . . .

Part of the display . . . I did it different this year, and it was fun to come up with the design! As always Leah helped with the finishing touches. She really has an eye for things like this!

The whole table right after setting up . . . Leah took this one with her phone

The market itself went well, though our favorite part was seeing and visiting with our friends again and the customers! We set up right next to the couple we had become good friends with last year so we had a wonderful time visiting with them during the slow times. There was a lot to catch up on!

Part way through the market, my parents surprised us by coming out which was really nice. My Mom had made chocolate chip cookie bars and brought those for us and to share with the other vendors (whom they have also gotten to know.) Needless to say, the bars were much enjoyed by everyone!

The first market was a definite success, and we are looking forward to another wonderful market season.

Now for a bit of randomness in the form of photos taken over the last week or so . . . 

The days are continuing to count down until goat kids arrive! It's only about three weeks now . . .

My doe, Aurora, is getting bigger and bigger! She's moving slower with it being this late in her pregnancy, but is still doing really well.

Aurora again . . . Leah snapped this photo of her yesterday. And in Leah's words "I'm looking forward to having some cute, floppy-eared babies around here again!" I couldn't agree more. :)

Speaking of Leah . . . we enjoyed some time outdoors together the other day in the few minutes we had before starting to make dinner . . .


Enjoying time with Sierra and Sienna one evening . . . though Leah's goat, Sienna, got a little wound up shortly after this photo was taken! She needed a few lessons in manners. :)

Mom starting the spring deep cleaning in our kitchen

The wild plum trees are blooming now! The honeybees have been loving them, and I'm envisioning all the little red plums we'll hopefully get and be able to turn into syrup and jelly. :)

Pepper plants slowly growing

 The seed potatoes

This morning, I got the seed potatoes cut up and tomorrow, rain or shine, Mom, Leah and I will be planting them. It will be exciting to finally get the first things in the garden!

8 comments:

  1. For the first time this year, I cut my seed potatoes as they were rather large. I wasn't sure whether one should or not as I'd read various comments and websites. Anyway, I have potato plants all coming up and they look fine!
    Your market stall looks very attractive and I'm sure people came to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the market went well and you enjoyed it in such good company-your stall looked so attractive Sarah

    You and Leah have very good teamwork

    Blessings to all

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah,

    Great news hearing your 1st day at the farmers market was so successful.

    I enjoyed the photo of the train bridge, thanks for sharing it.

    We also have two does that should be kidding very soon.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog you have! I just found it this morning and will definitely be adding it to my daily reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your potatoes do well for you, Elizabeth! It sounds like they are off to a great start. I had always cut our potatoes, but this year, some were so small I left them whole. I don't think it makes too much difference!

    Thank you for your kind words about my booth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Fiona, for your sweet comment! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Mrs. B! And I'm glad that you enjoyed the photo of the train bridge. (: You're welcome for sharing!

    How exciting that two of your does should be kidding soon! I hope that all goes well. And enjoy the kids once they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my blog, Amber, and thank you for your kind comment! I hope that you enjoy your future visits here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)