Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Song for Encouragement . . .

Recently one morning when I was cleaning, I put on a CD that Leah had compiled of some of her and my favorite songs. One of the songs I had only heard part of before on the movie God's Not Dead (which is a very good movie by the way!), but had not yet heard it in its entirety. Shortly after it began playing, I just stopped and listened as the words resonated in my heart. I have been there . . . perhaps you have been as well . . . and I am sure all of us can relate at least in part to this song!

And I hope that with whatever you have gone through in the past or are going through now, that the words to this beautiful song will speak to your heart and be an encouragement to you!



"Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens, 
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mountains of God;
Your judgments are like a great deep.
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
How precious is your lovingkindness, O God!
And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."
Psalm 36:5-7

8 comments:

  1. Your post has reminded me that I bought God is Not Dead. I saw it at sea and enjoyed it. However, I missed much of the dialogue. I must dig it out and watch it with subtitles.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's never let me go...I will carry on.
    Beautiful song ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful that God is big enough to handle our fears, questions, doubts, and anger. Because of Jesus and what He did on the cross, we can stand before Him without fear, even at our worst. He has the answers, and there's nothing He can't resolve.
    I wouldn't trade my relationship with Jesus for anything in the world.

    Thanks so much for posting!
    I feel like it wouldn't be called faith if we didn't all have moments like what's expressed in the song. :)
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Suze! I hope that you enjoy “God's Not Dead” even more the second time! Now that we're talking about it, it's making me want to watch it again as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed, Mrs. Anne! I love that part "He's never let me go" . . . and He never will. What a comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing all of that, Christina! It was an encouragement to read. What a loving, faithful, God and Father we have!

    It is so true . . . times like these are when faith especially comes in, and at least in my experience, these times are the most faith-growing as well. And again and again, God proves Himself faithful!

    You're welcome for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Gina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)