Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Heart is Full . . .


My dear friend, E., and I had such a special and enjoyable time together at the nursing home along with another sweet friend, K. visiting and singing so many hymns together (and a few others came by occasionally, too.) At one point as I played and heard their voices join mine in singing "How Great Thou Art" (per K.'s request :), I could not keep the happy tears from welling in my eyes.

And then when telling them goodbye and after giving E. a hug, she told me she loved me and asked me to please, please come back. (Which I assured her I definitely would!) When first starting to go to the nursing home, I did not realize how quickly I would grow to love these dear people and how very much they would enrich my life. E. has especially been a blessing with her firm faith in Jesus Christ . . . every time talking with her is always encouraging.

Thanking God tonight for these very special people He led into my life!

8 comments:

  1. How lovely for her to have your presence there, Sarah. She must look forward so much to the times when you come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah! What an encouragement isn't it? I just experienced a very similar situation a few days ago. I visit our local nursing home, to visit, and play the piano for the residents. There is one Christian lady there, who is so precious! She is 97 years old, and has such a joyful spirit. I began playing the song, "In the Garden," on the piano, and she started quietly singing along, and then grew louder, till she sang the entire first verse of that song loudly as I played along with her! I was so encouraged and amazed, especially that she could sing so loud and beautifully at her age... The chaplain walked up, praised her singing, and said they'd have to get her to sing a special for their devotions! She smiled so happily, and so did I! =) It's such a blessing to be a blessing, isn't it? Thank you so much for sharing, Sarah!!

    Love,
    Amy K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special times for you both. :-) What an amazing God we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Sarah,

    Yesterday i was able to take dad to church in his nursing home. One of the reasons he is in this particular home is that it is run by the Canossan nuns. He rarely gets to church and is content to have his services inside the dementia unit. Anyway the modern Catholic service is not what he remembers and he required constant reassurance, At the end of the service they sang "How Great Thou Art". It made him cry as he tried to remember the words. But in a way it was positive because he recognised something.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very special moment, Amy! I could just picture it in my mind and know how your heart must have thrilled as you heard her sing. What a great blessing you are to her and the other people there!

    Thank you so much for sharing! And thank you so much for what you are doing . . . may the Lord bless your ministry to these dear people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very much so, Mrs. Anne! And yes indeed . . . He is an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing that, Suze! What a special, albeit sad, moment with your dad. It is amazing how the old hymns can so readily stir memories and touch hearts. Even though your dad may not have remembered the words well enough to sing them, it sounds like they were resonating in his heart as he recognized this beautiful hymn that proclaims how very great God is, the amazing sacrifice His Son made for us, and what joy awaits those who have beleived in Him alone as their Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)