Monday, July 20, 2015

A Heart-melt Moment


During part of our time at the riding center last week, I was sidewalking with a precious seven year old boy . . . talking with him and encouraging him, teasing and playing with him, doing the therapy exercises with him, and trying to help him forget his fears. He doesn't really have any words, but his smile and his laugh say so much!

At one point, we were stopped while waiting for our turn to trot when he slowly leaned down towards me, wrapped his arm around my neck while lowering his forehead to mine a sweet smile on his face, and gave me what I think was his version of a kiss. It was such a precious moment! I was reminded yet again how very special each of these children are and how thankful I am for this wonderful opportunity to work with them!

6 comments:

  1. How rewarding Sarah.So lovely to see the innocence of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, what a beautiful gift from the little boy. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great benediction to be able to dedicate part of your time to helping these children, you must feel a great satisfaction. You are a great person Sarah. An embrace. Mary Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very much so, Joan. I hope that you have a blessed day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment, Mary Carmen! It is indeed a blessing being able to work with them . . . they brighten our days so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)