Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Different Sort of Week

Well, this past week turned out a little differently than planned! Last Tuesday we all started getting what we think was the flu, and this week we are on the mend.

My computer, though, did more than get sick . . . it died. Which means it's back in the shop getting a new hard drive, so I have been computer-less for awhile. Thankfully after my last computer problem, I had gotten an external, back-up hard drive so almost everything that was on my computer is backed up (except for some of my photos - which is why this post isn't the garden update post that I had planned as I need to take new ones!)

With being sick and all and, for me with not having my computer for my business work, our original work plans of the week changed quite a bit! Before we got sick, though, we did have a wonderful morning celebrating Leah's 27th birthday. Per her request (and with unanimous consent), we went out to our favorite conservation area.

The morning was cool, there was some cloud cover, a wide array of wildflowers were in full bloom, birds were calling . . . it made for a glorious morning to be out! Here are a few photos from our time there (and I have some more nature ones which will be in a later post) . . .

The birthday girl :)
How very blessed and thankful I am to have her as my sister! She is one of the sweetest and most cheerful people I know . . . plus she has a lot of wisdom and helps me so often with her counsel and advice.


Can you see it? 

 Here is a closer view. There were a lot of these on the rocks right at this spot, so much so that every step we took there were so many that were jumping out of our way!

Dad looking at a shorebird off in the distance

So peaceful

A Green Heron (which we don't often see) let us get fairly close and watch him for awhile. It was fun to see him catching a few fish here and there, too. 

A beautiful Monarch butterfly on the blooming milkweed

Although our time there was a little short, we thoroughly enjoyed it! And thankfully the sickness held off long enough for Leah to have a special birthday. :) Now with being on the mend, we're getting back to 'normal' life and enjoying the beautiful days we have been having here lately. It almost feels like fall is in the air which is so pleasant after our very hot stretch of weeks!

6 comments:

  1. I do hope you will all be well soon, Sarah. What a lovely day you had for the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear that you have been unwell,flu is nasty! Hope you all get back to full strength soon.
    I love the picture of Leah surrounded by green nature on her birthday. It is just so lovely. It's what she wanted!
    What a beautiful place, as you say, it looks so peaceful.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Elizabeth! I think we're all better now, thankfully. :) And yes, it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment, Alex! We're feeling much better now. :)

    I am glad that you liked that photo! It was one of my favorites of the day . . . it was so picturesque her standing down there amidst all of the green soaking in the beauty all around.

    Blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Joan, and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)