Saturday, August 29, 2015

How Great Thou Art

With taking in the diverse beauty of God's creation at the conservation area for Leah's birthday, the hymn How Great Thou Art kept coming to mind. And as I looked through the photos on my camera, it just seemed fitting to combine some of them with the words to this beautiful hymn . . .

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed.


Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!


When thru the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!


And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in, 
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.


Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!


When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, my God how great Thou art!


Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

And to know, the One who created all this intricate beauty in the world around us and who cares for His creation, is our God and our Savior. The One who loves us and has redeemed by His blood all of those who have believed in Him, and who faithfully guides His children along the way. He is worthy of all of our praise, adoration, and thanksgiving . . . indeed, how great is our God!

"O may Your glorious name be blessed and exalted above all blessing and praise! You alone are the LORD. You have made the heavens, the heaven of the heavens with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is on them. You give life to all of them and the heavenly host bows down before You. You are the Lord God . . . " Nehemiah 9:5b-7a

6 comments:

  1. I love that hymn, Sarah; it is the one I often find myself singing when out enjoying God's creation. Beautiful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sang that lovely hymn as I enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah
    Like Elizabeth I also sang
    The photo's are beautiful
    The whole post was very uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same, Anna! And thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you enjoyed both the hymn and photos, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Fiona! I am glad that the post could be a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)